We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. Over 20 years ago, we were among the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading and esports. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms and we continue to evolve.
Want to partner in building a true agile ecosystem? Do you get your kicks from leading agile teams to a state of high performance? Or are you just sick of ridiculous bureaucracy and organizational constraints preventing you, your teams, and the rest of your current organization from getting to that next level of agile maturity?
Well, here’s an amazing opportunity that is sure to satisfy your servant leadership tendencies. At PEAK6 we are building Chicago’s finest and most adaptive scaled agile environment, and we need your help doing it! Agile values, principles, and behaviors are supported from both the top-down and bottom-up here. Naturally, having talented Scrum Masters to support us is key to our success!
You’ll be responsible for:
- Partnering with Development and Product leaders to improve overall effectiveness of Agile practice through mature use of Agile methods and tools.
- Identifying and implementing agile metrics such as velocity, story points and cycle time, to demonstrate progress and improvement in value delivery, team discovery efforts, and ensuring we have a healthy system of execution in place.
- Managing and ensuring healthy team dynamics while knowing how to coach and grow a high-performing team.
- Coaching, mentoring and reinforcing lean and Agile practices with Program teams, stakeholders and peers.
- Proactively communicating progress and decisions while showing visibility into gaps, issues, risks and opportunities across scrum teams.
- Building clear team level dependencies across technology and business teams for successful release of the product/platform.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- A BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master/Agile Coach for a software development team.
- Experience sharing insights into the team’s health, performance, and product discovery efforts, while facilitating sprint effectiveness.
- Understanding and experience with multiple agile ways of working like; Scrum, Kanban, Lean Thinking, Lean Startup, and their application in product development.
- Experience in software development and/or automated testing.
- Experience working with high-performing teams.
- The ability to create and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the firm.
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
*Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, PEAK6 has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.