As a Scrum Master, you'll act as a servant leader for your team(s) by facilitating clear communication to management and to the team. Our Scrum Masters are open, approachable, collaborative, and enjoy working with passionate people. They're proactive in solving problems to help their team(s) succeed. The Scrum Master drives Agile and Lean frameworks that result in quality product delivery and continuous improvement. They embrace agility as a practice. The Scrum Master is responsible for removing impediments that hinder the team from reaching their goals and has a flexible approach that enables the team to rapidly respond to changes.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Strong familiarity and adherence to core Agile values and principles
- Experience as a practicing Scrum Master on a team
- Exposure to modern engineering practices like Unit Test-Driven Development, Acceptance Test-Driven Development, and Continuous Integration
- A mindset of servant leadership
- An Agile mindset: "An attitude that equates failure and problems with opportunities for learning, a belief that we can all improve over time, that our abilities are not fixed but evolve with effort." – Linda Rising
- Expert with Agile and Scrum framework and its application in Product Development and delivery organization
- Ability to coach and mentor
- Ability to collaborate with and influence people at various levels
- Sound understanding of Scaling framework such as LeSS
- Leverage skills from coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution, and more to serve the team(s)
- As a Technical Scrum Master at JPMC, you will be critical part in helping build high performing Agile teams, focusing on continuous improvement and delivering value to the customer, along with removing barriers that may be slowing the team down.
- You will also be assisting in driving the broader agile transformation and leading positive change! This requires big thinkers who bring insight, past experiences, knowledge, technical acumen and passion for innovation.
- Play a key leadership role in the delivery of complex technology and business solutions
- Champion and embody the Agile way-of-life across the development teams
- Encourage and support sprint and collaborative development
- Organize and facilitate discussion, decision-making and conflict resolution
- Support the Product Owner, tech lead, team and organization
- Create a culture of continuous improvement within the team
- Establish processes to manage scope, risk and issues.
- Fosters open communication and transparency
- Drive knowledge sharing and learning
- Supporting the team through servant leadership and leading by example
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.