What We Do
At Kalderos, we are building unifying technologies that bring transparency, trust, and equity to the entire healthcare community. We are on a mission to solve systemic problems of the healthcare system, redefining how the business of healthcare performsTM. We measure our success when we can empower all of healthcare to focus more on improving the health of people.
To learn more: https://www.kalderos.com/company/about
Who We Are Looking For
If you think you meet some of the list below, but not everything, that’s perfectly fine! We encourage you to apply regardless. At Kalderos, we know talent comes in many forms, and we’re willing to look beyond a set of rigid criteria to find the right teammate.
With the goal of being crowned king of the Drug Discount Manager category, it is essential that Kalderos moves rapidly to launch a new version of our core product, Grappa, that will allow Kalderos to expand our auditing and point-of-sale chargeback functions to additional discount programs large US pharma companies participate in. In addition, government focus on drug pricing means solutions that enable new ways of facilitating discounted pricing between the manufacturer and the patient must be designed, developed, and launched rapidly as we continue to service our existing clients with efficient, organized, and performant data management solutions..
By enabling new types of direct-to-patient and value-based pricing arrangements to be implemented, and by building a smart infrastructure that ensures the right price or discount be applied to the right transaction, we have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do something that benefits patients.
The scrum master is the team role responsible for ensuring Scrum teams live agile values and principles and follow the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use. The person filling this role will lead from a position of influence, often taking a servant-leadership stance to increase team efficiency, motivate the team and champion changes to ensure quality and timeliness.
What impact you’ll have
- Guides the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values with a strong customer focus
- Assesses and coaches the team and organization to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and disseminating information
- Works as a servant leader, putting the needs of the entire team before that of themselves and helping others perform to the best of their abilities.
- Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or judgement with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Supports and educates the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Ensures that the vision of the Product Owner - including goals, scope, and the context of the product - are understood by everyone on the Scrum team
- Ensures that the development team members and Product Owner adhere to fundamental Scrum concepts
- Helps the Product Owner and development team understand the estimating and release planning process utilizing user stories, story point estimates and velocity
- Assists the Product Owner and development team understand how user stories, bugs and tasks are utilized on the product backlog
- Ensures the DoD (Definition of done) and DoR (Definition of Ready) are defined and being followed
- Facilitates Scrum ceremonies and ensures that each development team member is engaged and participating during each ceremony
- Helps the development team understand the Scrum framework
- Coaches the development team on how to become self-organizing and cross-functional
- Ensures effective communication between the Product Owner and the development team
- Helps the team members identify impediments and takes responsibility for ensuring impediments are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Protects the development team from outside distractions
- Track project performance, specifically analyzing the successful completion of short and long-term goals
What you’ll bring
- Experience as a Scrum Master for at least 2-4 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Proven working experience in Product Management
- Knowledge of various data matrices to show progress (high-level and granular: burndown, Sprint Report, Kanban board, etc.)
- Knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts: DoD, DoR, Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, PSI, etc.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: SAFe, LeSS, Lean, Kanban, Scrumban, etc.
- Experience in Jira
- CSM or PSM1 certification encouraged
- Excellent organizational, communication and mentoring skills
- Software product development familiarity and experience
- Excellent Compensation
- Assistance for WFH setup
- 401K plan with matching
- Healthcare Benefits
- Flexible Schedule and a fair PTO system that allows for a healthy work life balance
- Opportunity to work on new technologies and learn new skills
- Celebration, education, and training reimbursement
- Guidance from a transparent leadership team
- You have an established ability to Interpret data by means of various methodologies.
- You are comfortable working at a company that celebrates failure, and rewards success.
- Your team loves working with you. Your colleagues love working with you. Your manager cannot understand how they ever lived without you.
- You can set operational targets and coordinate a cross-functional effort to achieve those targets.
- You motivate others. You communicate clearly. You inspire your coworkers.
- You identify problems and are thoughtful about communicating the problem with the larger team, ensuring the problems are corrected early.
- You are a collaborative, hardworking, problem solver, who leads by example.
- You are way above average, and only want to work at a place that is nowhere near average.
- You understand that you would not be successful without the team, and you are grateful to your team members who participated in the company and your success
- You understand that continuous self-improvement is part of life and are willing to accept areas where you could be better and be willing to put in the work to improve yourself and those around you.
To learn more: https://www.kalderos.com/company/culture
Kalderos is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Due to the circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kalderos has decided to protect our current and future employees by shifting to an entirely remote workforce. We will continue to operate, interview, onboard, and work remotely. Please be aware that some of our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.