Scrum Master at OCC
The Scrum Master, will work with to build an Agile capability within the Renaissance Risk organization. We are seeking a Scrum Master who has experience in leading and driving organizations’ adoption of Agile principles and methodologies and has deep experience in executing those principles themselves. We seek a seasoned Agile professional who can wear multiple hats to execute and drive desired project/program outcomes as well as organizational change.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Guide and coach delivery teams to self-organize and achieve objectives, without assigning or dictating the work.
- Assist in the “building” of Agile teams/squads within Renaissance Risk Department.
- Provide support to the Product Owner and Delivery Team, and lead by example. This person should personify Agile.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution. Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised and resolved.
- Continually improve Scrum Master skills through education and engaging with fellow Scrum Masters.
- Works with Product Owner and Team to plan and execute project implementations.
- Assists in the identification and mitigation of project risks.
- Identifies and acts on coaching opportunities at the individual and team level.
- Conducts regular assessments of a team Agile Maturity and uses the results to guide them to improved performance.
- Coordinates and encourages participation from all team members in scrum ceremonies (Daily Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Retrospective) and longer-term planning exercises (Road Mapping, Release Planning, Release Train Planning).
- Work with Product Owner and Delivery Team to facilitate effective sprints by removing impediments and ensuring that stories are 'sprint ready'.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and information radiation.
- Support the Product Owner, especially with respect to story grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks using Agile best practices and project data
- Arrange daily stand-ups, facilitate story grooming, coordinate sprint demos, planning and retrospectives.
- Creation of improved IT processes and workflow.
- Creation and improvement of new and existing processes and tools to allow Technology Engineering to deliver better, more predictable, project documentation for the operationalizing of business projects.
- Daily program management throughout the program lifecycle.
- Defining the program governance (controls)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Understands Agile values and principles and can guide and coach teams, and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices
- Understands agile transformations, building Agile teams and implementing Agile “from scratch”.
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, certification, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- The proven ability to be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience and success with organizational process design and implementation.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Proven experience in project and program management.
- Understands backlog tracking, Scrum and Kanban based metrics, task definition, story splitting.
- Experience in sprint & release planning, running demos and retrospectives preferred.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and strong reasoning skills as well as good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to review large amounts of data and analyze and spot trends and provide analysis and insights.
- Experience consolidating data from multiple data sources.
- Experience with Agile PLM tools like JIRA, Portfolio for JIRA, Rally, VersionOne, etc.
- Proven ability to work with toolsets including, but not limited to Jira, MS Project, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure and IT systems design.
- Familiarity within a ticketing system such as ServiceNow
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or 5+ years equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of Agile/Scrum principles and practices.
- Strong JIRA experience.
- Ability to anticipate issues based on experience to help the team avoid or resolve the issues.
Certificates or Licenses:
- Scrum Master Certified preferred.
- ITIL Foundations certification preferred.
- PMP certified preferred
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.