Senior Agile Project Manager at Enova
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Agile Project Manager, you will work with the Agile Project Management team and engineering leadership to define, codify and implement agile best practices across Software Engineering. You will use agile project management techniques to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and their respective metrics. You will also act as a consultant and coach where needed to ensure all engineering teams understand and follow our standard development process, which includes Inception Meetings, Daily Stand-ups, Iteration Planning Meetings, User Stories, Retrospectives/Reviews and Estimation.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Manage cross-departmental projects, and projects spanning engineering teams using agile project management techniques.
- Coach and consult with teams on Agile best practices with the purpose of helping teams achieve high performance.
- Define and use metrics to support high performing teams.
- Champion the Enova Agile Framework throughout the organization including the Analytics, Strategy & Operations and Product Management departments.
- Interact with Change Management to integrate appropriate auditing controls into the Enova SDLC and ensure education for and compliance from the SE team.
- Partner with Product Management to support accurate forecasting delivery across the organization using JIRA.
- Analyze, evaluate and recommend improvements to the Enova Agile Framework by staying current in agile best practices and other process focused industry topics.
- Create and deliver agile training content as it relates to supporting agile teams and the Enova agile mindset.
- Work with our agile tools committee to plan and implement changes necessary to support Jira usage within engineering.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years experience with project management, and agile processes
- 2+ years of professional experience with JIRA or similar tool
- Deep understanding of Agile best practices, for example: User Stories, Story Mapping, retrospectives, and iteration planning
- Experience determining the right fit for a team between various agile methodologies: Kanban, Lean, SCRUM or something more custom
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Understanding of SOX, PCI and other financial compliance requirements preferred
Software Engineering Overview:
The Software Engineering Team, one of the largest groups in the company, is responsible and accountable for meeting the demands of our current and future businesses. We help create the “Tech” in FinTech.
We are structured into small full-stack teams, each aligned to specific business lines or core services. We code in RoR, Go, Java, and Swift. We use Ember and other JS frameworks for front-end development. The teams are responsible for defining and delivering solutions through smart interactive development.
Although we are divided into unique teams, our culture of collaboration promotes and encourages engagement across every team and department within the company - no team is a silo. This enables us to align our core values and create strong, best practices.
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.