Senior Business Consultant (Ascendon) at CSG
The Senior Business Consultant uses product and industry knowledge to assist customers in solving business problems and analyze business requirements, working with Solution Architects to define the technical solutions needed to achieve the business goals and objectives. Serves as the conduit between CSG’s implementation team(s) and the customers’ business stakeholders over the course of the Software Delivery Life Cycle. Required to interface with multi-disciplinary teams and may contribute to pre-sales support and input to RFP responses.
Focus areas in leading consulting engagements include:
- Cross-Industry Experience: Experience in business consulting with multiple clients in telecoms (fixed and mobile), cable and media industry delivering software solutions for Business Support Systems. A deep understanding of the operations of different industry sectors and current trends in commercial propositions that clients are adapting to compete.
- Industry Leadership: Deep Knowledge of industry trends from marketing to commercial and operations that are being adopted to drive new ways of client engagement and revenue models. Understanding the drivers of change affecting these industries in competing for similar customer sets. Ability to work at C-Level with commercial, operational and Information Systems areas to be seen as a thought leader in driving new operating modes and solutions.
- Business Consulting: Consulting with clients to draw out needs associated with company strategy and recommend solutions. Ability to challenge approaches through thought-leadership to draw out the best solutions and add value in proposing alternative methods to achieving company goals. Experience of working with clients in major business transformation programmes.
- Business Modelling and Functional Specifications: Ability to design and document approaches to business models and document functional needs for input to solution leads across the Ascendon product set.
- Process Mapping: Ability to lead Process Mapping and Design workshops and document process map to address needs associated with the agreed strategic direction.
- Solution Design: Collaborate with Solution leads across the Ascendon product set to define solutions to meet business objectives agreed through consultation and workshops.
Examples of individual accountabilities include:
- Advising and leading the customer through the transformation programme.
- Journey definition and business process mapping – Map & Gap
- Product/offer transformation
- Identify key revenue streams for the customer in order to define the transformation
- Presentation of recommended solutions
- Collaborate to create a CSG enablement strategy for Services
- Customer management through solution implementation
- Roadmap input, monitoring change, and QA
- Champion Ascendon vision and proposition internally and external to CSG
Key Leadership Behaviors include:
- Proven track record of management and leadership skills required to minimize gaps requiring customization.
- The ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies and convert them into customer solutions.
- Mentors and trains team; drives collaboration; instills accountability
- Deep understanding of eTOM and TAM, preferably even SID
- Critical thinking and the ability to constructively challenge
- Rigorous logic and analytics to enable fact-based decisions
- Able to drive consensus, partnerships
- Clear and persuasive communication
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering (Electrical Software, Telecommunications) or Business (with major in Computing) or equivalent education/experience required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a business/software consultant in the telecommunications or other relevant industry.
- 10 years’ experience with the implementation of BSS solutions in a mix of Telecoms, Cable and Media industry
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- In-depth understanding of client needs and broad impact of changes in the business environment and industry trends.
- Expert understanding of an integrated BSS solution demonstrating strong knowledge of and experience with several products within the portfolio. Understanding of BSS Solutions in, general is important as opposed to a deep understanding of the Ascendon solution.
- Strong experience in consultative engagements such as business health checks, business motivation modeling, TCO/ROI assessments, prospect research, customer business processes (ie. journeys)
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication to effectively convey and clarify complex information, delivering demonstrations and presentations, consulting with customers and influencing others.
- Highly developed facilitation skills for customer interaction.
- Solid understanding of project management and requirements management processes to ensure primary responsibilities are completed within accepted standards and templates.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment.
- Available for international and domestic travel when needed. Travel, after/off hours and extended on-site work will be required. Duration and extent of travel may vary per project. May also be required to be on call during non-standard work hours.
- Accountable for professional working behavior to include; building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating CSG’s core competencies and values.
- Decisions are guided by the specialized needs of customers with few defined precedents or guidelines.
- Works independently and collaborates with peers when necessary.
- Full accountability for results of decisions.
- The role requires significant travel of up to 50% internationally.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- In-depth understanding of Telecommunication, Cable and Media industry (wireline, wireless, data services, cable systems, pre/post-paid business models, OTT Services, etc.) and industry standards such as TMForum, ISEEB, ITIL in order to be prescriptive and consultative.
- Expert requirements engineering skills with experience in using one or more of the following tools/techniques:
- Map and Gap Analysis
- MoSCoW Prioritization
- TMF as a tool to assess business change impacts in areas of technology, process, and people
- Awareness of Agile Software development methodologies such as SAFe or KanBan