Senior Consultant, Program Leadership/PMO
Senior Consultant, Program Leadership/PMO
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is cur rently in search of a high-performance Program Leadership/PMO Senior Consultant with experience in program management and/or leading/supporting a project management office, and the entrepreneurial capability to grow and thrive in an expanding Operations Excellence Practice. At West Monroe Partners, you will have the opportunity to own your own career while engaging in high impact projects.
West Monroe Partners’ Program Leadership practice applies practical solutions and proven methods to help our clients:
* Manage programs across multiple work streams in business and technology initiatives
* Assess projects and/or programs with recommendations for recovery and course correction
* Perform and implement project and program governance, processes, and procedures
Our clients’ project and program needs range from short strategic engagements to large transformational programs. Project durations vary in length due to complexity of the engagement. Our client services include program management, health assessments of projects and programs, and building/optimizing project management offices.
We are looking for candidates with 4-6 years of proven experience in various aspects of project/program management (e.g., project/program management, portfolio management, planning/governance, business analysis/process and application development). Candidates should also have a clear understanding and experience in project and portfolio governance approaches (including but not limited to PMI, waterfall, iterative, Agile, Scrum, and OPM3).
Successful candidates will have experience in/participate in the following types of activities:
* Performing health assessments, analyzing data, and presenting results along with recommended execution plan
* Project and Program management – Encompassing initiation, planning, execution and benefits realization
* Develops and balances project and program management deliverables for successful execution
* Works with executive team to ensure alignment with transformation goals and objectives – including benefit realization, organization alignment (Target Operating Model), processes and skills
* Actively participates and coordinates program-level interactions with sponsors to ensure proper implementation of programs and projects
* Identifies and implements program management best practices
* Acts as liaison to internal and external constituencies, vendors, sponsors, etc.
* Leads business decisions regarding methods, techniques, and procedures for program design and completion
* Manages resources, budgets, and deliverables
* Proactively identifies and manages issues and risks
Program Leadership/PMO Senior Consultants at West Monroe Partners have three primary responsibilities:
* Lead and manage programs from initiation through execution to close
* Assess projects and programs and develop recommended optimization plans
* Provide transparency through gathering and reporting status to stakeholders, which includes but is not limited to progress, issues, and risks
* Manage project economics including: track project budgets, create and deliver invoices, and manage collection process
* Mentor and develop staff on the job and through formal feedback
* Participate in and support the national team in development and enhancements to the Program Leadership methodologies, tools and other collateral
* Actively participate in thought leadership activities such as blogs, white papers and other related efforts
* Collaborate with local office leadership to define how to align practice with office strategy and other practices
* Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance expectation process
* Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
* Participate in meetings, development of proposals and other efforts related to Program Leadership
* Assist in creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for opportunities
* Participate in our business development process as a subject matter expert
* Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Experience with and a strong understanding of Agile and Waterfall principles and methodologies
* Effective oversight and control of the program structure and processes (e.g. resource/workload management)
* Strong skills in project/program management and PMO tools such as MS Project, Planview, Clarity
* Ability to coach and mentor Project Managers and team members on project methodology and tools
* Keep current on professional best practices through professional literature and training workshops.
* Strong Business Analysis skills a plus
* PMP certification a plus
* Prior consulting from either a large/strategic consultancy or internal corporate change management group is preferred
* Demonstrated success within one or more of West Monroe Partners’ core industries including Energy & Utilities, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Insurance, Consumer Products, Banking and/or Private Equity
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
* Ability to travel up to 70%
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.