Senior Consultant, Strategy at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No silos. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
As a Strategist in our Product & Experience Lab, you’ll work with cross-discipline teams to develop and shape strategies with our clients that create value both for their customers and their business, positioning them for transformative change based on a clear vision and sound business case.
As part of our strategy team, you’ll work with colleagues to deliver solutions to clients and contribute to the ongoing value our clients expect. This position requires strong businesses acumen, perspective on how digital is changing human behavior, knowledge of the application of digital technologies to business transformation, a passion for practical innovation, and a high degree of collaboration and leadership skills.
In this role, you’ll not only think about how we can help clients modernize and transform, but also how they can create differentiated value in crowded markets. You’ll help them determine how to best execute these strategies and maximize their speed to value. You have experience in working with digitally-centered businesses, strategic planning, financial modeling, creative problem-solving, and human-centered design practices. You’re a constant learner, an innovator, a leader, a teammate, and a storyteller.
What You’re Good At:
- Working within cross-discipline teams in order to simplify complex problems and set a clear vision and plan for solving them
- Supporting senior leadership in crafting and building a vision and business case for change
- Collaborating with clients to understand their business challenges and opportunities and to help define their long-term plan and near-term goals
- Actively participating in client-facing and internal worksessions, and working towards consensus while taking ownership of workstreams within the project
- Partnering with a diverse group of internal experts spanning research, design, technology, industry, and operations to build the best strategies, differentiated solutions and plans for success
- Participating in human-centered design sessions to help our clients drive relevance with their audiences
- Using data-driven insights, research, and financial modeling to build evidence behind business and product concepts and opportunities
- Supporting client discussions, productively documenting ideas and providing the rationale for business concepts, prioritization decisions, and resource requirements
- Committing to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
- Remaining current on technology, trends, and industry best practices. Constantly learning and trying new approaches and tools.
What You Bring:
- 3-5 years of experience in management consulting (or related client services) with a strong focus on client facing issue identification and solutioning
- Demonstrated expertise in digital strategy and innovation, including successful initiatives that helped clients modernize or transform
- Proven experience in human-centered design, project and engagement management, and cross-functional team leadership
- Acumen in all facets of business (technology, marketing, sales, operations, product management, finance)
- Familiarity and comfort with proposal writing, presentation and project management software, and virtual collaboration tools
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- An MBA, Bachelor’s in Business or comparable real-world education, including start-ups
- Intense curiosity and a desire to always be learning about new applications of digital technologies, new models for value creation, and new approaches to human-centered design
- A love for innovation, collaboration, and helping clients succeed