At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a Senior Consultant with current business / technology consulting experience to join our rapidly growing Supply Chain team. We are seeking a candidate with 4-5 years of supply chain experience preferably executing projects involving advanced planning and scheduling, sales & operation planning, demand planning and forecasting; and secondarily, warehouse management systems and transportation management systems.
Our practice serves an array of clients across industries and service offerings—from advising organizations on supply chain strategies to supply chain optimization technology implementation and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
As a Senior Consultant on our supply chain team you will serve our clients in several roles focused on demand planning and forecasting, sales & operation planning, demand fulfillment, constraint based supply planning, and inventory optimization; and will also likely play an active role leading supply chain and technology assessments, cost-to-serve analysis, supply chain and manufacturing operations strategy development, and supporting our Mergers & Acquisitions activities from an operations perspective. You will also support our industry vertical teams, with the primary overlaps being consumer and industrial products, healthcare life science, and private equity. In addition, you will help support our supply chain modeling offering through the use of software-based supply chain optimization tools to help solve key client issues related to network footprint, transportation, and/or inventory.
In addition to client service delivery, you will be an integral part of our team that helps shape our practice culture (strategy, recruiting, team building, practice development, etc.).
Senior Consultants in our practice at West Monroe have three primary responsibilities:
• Work directly with clients to implement processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
• Facilitate client workshops focused on documenting business process and requirements
• Synthesize customer’s business requirements to create clear and comprehensive use cases and solution design documentation
• Perform fit gap analysis between application functionality and the client’s requirements
• Perform business process modelling, user experience modeling and basic technical architecture diagramming
• Interface with all levels of management both internally and at client sites.
• Develop client-ready communications to facilitate decision making, communicate status, mitigate risk or resolve issues
• Develop strong understanding of application and software capabilities and limitations and clearly communicate those to customers
• Participate in the creation of project related deliverables such as project plans, implementation plans, communication plans, and financial models
• Participate in the practice development process by assisting in the development of tools, methodologies and techniques used by WM in on client assignment
• Helps to define standard methods and processes for solution deployment and system integration, ensuring adoption and use of those standards
• Capture and share best practice knowledge
• Actively participate in the recruiting process for interns & consultant
• Coach other consultants and actively participate in the performance review process
• Participate in the business development process by assisting in the development of project approaches and proposals
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g., Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, etc.)
• Must have experience working with external clients in a team-based professional consulting capacity
• Must have experience working with LLamasoft Supply Chain Guru, Data Guru or other supply chain modeling / optimization software
• Must have experience in end-to-end supply chain design methodologies
• Minimum of 3 years participating on business consulting and IT project-based work / teams
• Minimum of 3 years of consulting experience with a specific industry domain expertise in one or more of the following: manufacturing & distribution, transportation, or supply chain planning software
• Minimum of 3 years deploying successful solutions in demand planning, constraint-based supply planning, and/or inventory optimization
• Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and client deliverable experience
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with ability to handle projects and priorities
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications and client relationship skills
• Comfortable building and demonstrating prototypes in applications
• Comfortable with heavy involvement in user acceptance test planning and execution
• Ability to travel 50% is required
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.