Senior Consultant, Technology Mergers and Acquisitions Advisory
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking an experienced consulting analyst with prior experience in and a strong passion for technology Mergers and Acquisitions to join our Chicago office and National Mergers and Acquisitions practice. Our Chicago office serves an array of interesting and exciting Private Equity and Corporate Strategic clients across the nation.
As Senior Consultant in our Mergers and Acquisitions practice, you will serve Private Equity and Strategic clients with a focus on software, TMT, and tech-enabled services businesses across the transaction lifecycle – from platform acquisitions to mergers/integrations to corporate divestiture/carve-out transactions, including sell-side readiness, pre-close technology and operations due diligence, Day 1 readiness planning, and post-close technology execution management.
In addition to client delivery, you will have the opportunity to assist with business development (hunting new clients and building relationship with existing), along with contributing to internal practice development leadership. Senior Consultants within West Monroe have three main responsibilities:
· Support teams serving Private Equity and Corporate Strategic buyers while demonstrating advisory capabilities with high level client counterparts such as CTOs, CIOs, and Technology Operating Partners
· Contribute to fast-paced technology due diligence engagements for Private Equity clients, with an ability to evaluate the technology systems and operations of a business and identify compliance, operations, revenue, and growth risks.
· Evaluate and recommend initiatives to improve software, TMT, and tech-enabled services organizations, particularly Product Management and R&D / Product Development functions to support our clients’ investment theses
· Play a key role in technology planning, strategy, and post-close engagements in complex transactions (post-merger integration and carve-out/divestitures) focused on Product Strategy, Target Operating Model development, cloud migration, digital transformation, and other value-based initiatives
· Interface with all levels of business and technology leadership at clients
· Build data-driven methodologies and assets for evaluating software businesses in a due diligence capacity, and manage related internal initiatives
· Enhance analysis and presentation frameworks used in technology due diligence and technology advisory engagements
· Collaborate with a team of software, infrastructure, and security architects and consultants in order to elevate the technology advisory capabilities of the M&A team
· Actively participate in the performance management process
· Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
· Assist with company campus and experienced recruiting
· Support opportunities to provide prospects and clients with post-close technology advisory for middle-market technology businesses; collaborate with practice partners to support these opportunities
· Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
· Actively participate in Technology M&A industry events
· Understand client investment needs/constraints and help tailor proposals appropriately to meet their needs
· Attend networking events and actively build and leverage a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
· Minimum of 4+ years participating in team-based, client-facing management or technology consulting or IT M&A experience at corporate strategic client
· Minimum of 2+ years executing IT application (e.g. ERP, custom development) or infrastructure implementation projects
· Experienced in specific technology sub-sectors (e.g. FinTech, Healthcare IT, Marketing Tech, etc.) preferred, but not mandatory
· Experience in a M&A-centric role, preferably with Private Equity investors, and with experience in SaaS or software company mergers/integrations, and/or carve-outs/divestitures
· Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
· In-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and software development life cycles
· Experience managing client relationships
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality assurance experience
· Strong communication skills to be able to work with C-level clients
· Ability to travel up to 50%; Travel is short term (2-3 days on-site per diligence project, 50-75% during post-close carve-out execution)
· Ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship