Senior Delivery Manager
Founded in 2002, Quantium combines the best of human and artificial intelligence to power possibilities for individuals, organizations and society. 17 years later, the Quantium Americas team has entered the US market and is quickly building an impressive reputation. We are driving multiyear Data Science and AI Transformation projects for some of the most iconic companies in the US in the financial services and retail market. As part of the team, you will face the challenges of a fast-paced, start-up environment, but with the backing of an established industry leader.
Can you share a little more on some of Quantium’s projects?
At Quantium, we don’t shy away from tough, technical problems. As an example, we are currently leveraging our smarts in data science and seismic amounts of retail data to optimize product offering for one of our clients. Other projects have included personalization of customer interactions, inventory forecasting and pricing elasticity. Our projects are diverse and there is no doubt that our solutions have a huge impact on our client’s business, shaping the future of the industry and the experience of the customers they touch.
So, what will my specific role be responsible for?
You will be responsible for driving, aligning, managing roadblocks and doing whatever it takes to ensure the team delivers on the vision for the project and for the product to be implemented successfully in practice. The magnitude, complexity and visibility of these projects require both the rigor of agile project management methodology, as well as the flexibility that comes with a true strategic and commercial delivery manager.
Team Makeup – what can I expect?
Quantium’s Data Science and AI Transformation programs are massive strategic undertakings, involving 8-10 agile teams composed of cross functional talent (data scientists, data engineers, UX designers, software engineers, business strategists) from both Quantium and the clients, blended into one large delivery program. This could be your opportunity to take your growth to the next level by leveraging your knowledge in the agile space and applying it across many teams in a multilayered and complex environment.
What is Quantium looking for in the ideal candidate?
Firstly, you can be anybody, from any walk of life. Before we get to your skills we want you to know that we actively try to foster an environment where all our employees feel safe, welcomed and celebrated. We look for the same in all people we hire.
At Quantium, our team are solving problems that haven’t previously been tackled in these industries. With multiple teams and projects on a massive scale, you’ll be a pragmatist and true strategic thinker who loves to solve complex issues.
You will ideally have a solid understanding and experience in agile practices and product delivery to manage work flows to seamlessly deliver a cohesive product. At the same time, your experience working in complex and changing environments has given you the bigger picture thinking and creativity to know when to adjust and pivot your approach as needed.
You will also have exceptional communication and consulting skills to guide prioritization of interdependencies across teams, provide transparency and facilitate ideation, and resolve roadblocks.
Do you have a bullet point checklist for me to check off my suitability?
We know people are not bullet points but sure thing!
- Bachelor or above tertiary qualification in a related field; an MBA and exposure to technology and analytics will be highly regarded e.g. computer science, engineering, math and statistics
- Experience in a similar role; delivery management or consulting with digital transformation and / or analytical projects
- The ability to relate tasks, behaviors, principles and practices to performing these disciplines in an Agile environment
- You love engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders (e.g. client side, users, product leads, developers, subject matter experts and more) and know how to handle yourself in complex conversations with a tenacious, resilient, resourceful and collaborative approach to delivery
- A love for knowledge sharing, you know what works, but you’re also happy to learn new methods and technology
Ok, the work sounds great, but what’s in it for me?
Quantium takes care of its biggest asset – our people. We believe there is more to a successful career than just hard work. To this end we provide a range of personal and professional benefits for you to enjoy.
- Flights, accommodation and a food allowance for work travel
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Commuter tax benefit (in Chicago)
- Retirement 401(k) plan with 6% employer contribution
- Annual bonus scheme