Senior Director, Strategic Alignment & Execution
We are looking for a strong Senior Director, Strategic Alignment & Execution professional. As our Sr. Director you will have accountability for leading the day-to-day business and in the absence of the CIO of US Technology act as the primary escalation point of contact. You will partner with US Business Units, Restaurant Owner/Operators and Vendors in defining, developing, testing, deploying and supporting software, equipment, and services that enable almost 14,000 US restaurants to satisfy and delight our customers and crews daily.
You will need to have:
· You have strong senior technology and business leadership experience, performing the activities mentioned above concurrently or within the past two years
· You possess excellent leadership, relationship, vendor and conflict management skills that have been validated and pressure tested in a very large global or domestic organization
· You have experience managing $150M+ annual budgets, including reconciliation, annual funding and continuous improvement processes
· You possess over 10 years of large scale Program Management experience including leading multiple work streams, teams and partners with contending priorities
· You have the ability to synthesize ambiguous goals across multiple business units into a cohesive strategy that will enable achievement of “big rocks”
· You possess high emotional intelligence skills that enable effective management of all key partners to deliver on business results
We are proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We pride ourselves in being a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by establishing teams with varying strengths who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From leading recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that champions innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay up to date with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here…
We are one of most recognizable names in the world. In 2018, we have been rated as a top 10 place to work in Chicago. As a modern, forward-thinking “Tech” company, we are continually changing the Retail QSR industry. Working in our IT sector of the corporation will provide you with important work and one of the best comprehensive benefits packages in the industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What you will be doing:
· You will represent the CIO in meetings with the Senior Leadership Team of the US business and Global Technology (GT) group, Field forums and Vendor meetings as requested and lead the PMO meetings
· In partnership with the CIO and Restaurant Technology Board (RTB) chair, you are responsible for planning and executing the board meetings, webcasts and RTB leadership meetings
· You have oversight and administration of the $150+ million capital and G&A budget, as well as, lead the GT review of Professional Services spend alongside the Global Sustainability and Global Diversity & Inclusion teams
· In concert with the GT PMO and Initiative Planning & Deployment (IPD) teams, you will quarterback the governance process
· Partner with IPD to understand and align on US Business strategy, facilitating the creation, socialization and the execution of UST delivery plans
· Provide dotted line leadership and direction to the GT US Supplier Management team and US Technology Strategic Change and Communications team
· Lead special projects, as assigned by the CIO, which are critical/time sensitive to execution and/or realization of department/US Business goals
· Partner with True Group and RTB to plan, improve and execute the Organization Technology Person (OTP) program
· Collaborate with IPD (dotted line) on UST plans/initiatives via the Field Integration Directors (FIDs) and Operations Technology Managers (OTMs)
· You will serve as the people champion of the UST team, including the planning and execution of the annual Summer Outing and other events which make US Technology a place people want to work