Senior Manager, ERP Implementation (M&A) at West Monroe
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Senior Manager with prior experience in business consulting to join our Chicago office. Our Chicago office serves an array of interesting and exciting clients across the nation. In addition to client service delivery, you will have the opportunity to assist with business development, along with contributing to internal practice development leadership.
Senior Managers at West Monroe Partners have three primary responsibilities:
- Execute abbreviated, assessment projects
- Assess the underlying Business Operations and IT within an organization to make recommendations on how to achieve long-term scalability, reduce operational cost, or better support business processes
- IT Strategy, ERP software selections
- Facilitate client workshops focused on designing future state business process and requirements
- Lead system package evaluations against industry leading practices
- Generate project deliverables in timely manner
- Lead teams, while demonstrating executive presence with clients
- Interface with all levels of management both internally and at client sites
- Work with teams to implement processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
- Manage project economics including: track project budgets, create and deliver invoices, and manage collection process
- Mentor and develop staff on the job and through formal feedback
- Contribute to the development/enhancement of WMP’s methodologies, artifacts and Practice strategy
- Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance expectation process
- Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
- Create and publish content to increase personal and company brand
- Assist with company recruiting
- Assist in business development meetings with prospective clients, lead preparation of proposals and statements of work for pre and post-close opportunities
- Understand investment needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete engagements and detailed proposals
- Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Attend networking events and business-related social events
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g., Information Technology, MIS, etc.)
- Minimum of 10+ years participating in team-based, client-facing IT consulting or IT operational role
- Minimum of 8+ years executing IT system implementation projects
- Minimum of 8+ years with ERP experience with any of the following: SAP, Oracle (JDE, Peoplesoft), Microsoft (AX), Infor (LN, Lawson) and Epicor
- Has worked in an external client facing consulting role (Professional Services firm preferred) Exposure and/or experience with Change Management is preferred
- Proven contributor with extensive ability to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive team environment, and coach staff. Industry experience in Manufacturing & Distribution, Pharma and Life Sciences, Food Process, and
- Wholesale Distribution is preferred, but not mandatory
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and creative experience
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities concurrently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications and customer relations skills
- Ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.