Senior Manager, People Programs at DoorDash
About the Team
The People Programs Team develops and delivers critical programs across the employee lifecycle (e.g. Onboarding, Performance Management, Employee Voice Survey, Offboarding, & Workforce Planning) to help make DoorDash a place where every employee does the very best work of their careers.
About the Role
- We’re hiring a Senior Manager who will lead the strategy and execution of people programs to our employee customers on a global scale. This role will be responsible for the definition, implementation, and reporting of these programs from conception through delivery.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, hands-on environment you have a track record of keeping multiple programs and initiatives moving in parallel, demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and an appetite for building from scratch.
- Reporting to the Director of People Programs, this is a high-impact position poised to support DoorDash employees during this chapter of high growth.
You’re Excited About the Opportunity Because You Will….
- Develop strategic program objectives, drive planning, lead stakeholder engagement & alignment, assess risks and challenges, develop comprehensive project plans, drive execution work streams, monitor status, rapidly identify and resolve potential issues, and give regular updates to senior management
- Partner with business leaders as well as functional leads within the People Team (e.g. HRBP, People Analytics, Recruiting, HR Tech, People Ops) to design and deliver critical programs for all employees across the employee lifecycle
- Provide Program Management expertise for People Team Programs including, but not limited to: project plan creation, workflows, meeting operating cadence, key documentation and governing processes
- Implement project management methodologies such as Agile, Scrum etc to the People Programs team and be responsible for the ongoing training and instituting of best practices across the team
- Anticipate future People Program needs for our evolving and diverse workforce (e.g. program segmentation by employee type/org)
- 6+ years of experience in program management roles, preferably at high-growth consumer or enterprise technology companies
- Exceptional project management skills, the ability to track and manage complex processes, and a desire to lead multiple teams and multiple projects.
- Experience using collaborative task and project management tools (e.g. Agile, Trello, Asana, JIRA, SmartSheet) to drive project execution
- A demonstrated track record of successful cross-functional leadership, collaboration, and relationship building
- Ability to engage with senior functional leaders across the business and influence their strategic thinking
- You’re highly organized and care about the details
- You’re growth-minded and eager to expand your skill set
- You understand both the big picture and the details
- You display adaptability, resiliency, and the ability to thrive in ambiguity
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.