Senior Market Intelligence Leader
Senior Market Intelligence Leader
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive impact on the growth of our firm. What does this mean? As a leader in the growing Strategic Growth function, the Market Intelligence Senior Manager will be responsible for starting our Market Intelligence function from the ground up. This person will work closely with the Executive Leadership Team, Strategic Growth and Marketing to develop actionable insights to drive Executive decision making. We are looking for someone that brings passion and new ideas to the table and has a proven track record of developing market intelligence functions and using intelligence to influence business decisions.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
Th e Market Intelligence Lead will be focused on creating deliverables that will lead to better quality and more informed decision making as it relates to West Monroe’s future growth plans. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in market research, ideally with experience creating Market Intelligence functions from the ground up in a Professional Services or B2B environment. He/she will be responsible for rolling up his/her sleeves to not only conduct the research, but also create clear and concise deliverables, while collaborating with Strategic Growth and Marketing to influence leadership. This person will also be responsible for managing the research budget, vendor relationships and tools to conduct the various analyses.
The right candidate has outstanding written and verbal communication skills, particularly for Executive audiences, and is comfortable and confident providing a data-driven point of view and recommendations to Senior Leadership. He/s he will have the opportunity to work closely with the Executive Leadership Team of West Monroe Partners, the Chief Strategy Officer and Chief Marketing Officer while reporting into the Strategy Team Lead.
Please note that this is an internal Strategy role within Shared Services. Initially, the scope of this role is limited to influencing Strategy and Marketing decisions and not supporting client deliverables.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
* Create, operationalize and lead West Monroe’s Market Intelligence Program
* Manage third party research partners to support market research activities
Actionable Insights Development
* Conduct research on the consulting landscape (including competitive research) market for strategic planning process
* Drive market research to understand and prioritize industries we serve and services we offer (including new innovations)
* Develop a thorough, research-based understanding of the needs of our target markets
* Lead market sizing and target addressable market for new market entry
* Conduct market scans for alliance partners and acquisition targets
* 10+ years of experience in the market intelligence field
* Experience building a Market Intelligence function from the ground up, including processes, deliverables, etc.
* Exceptional research skills using a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods
* Ability to tell a story and provide a point of view and recommendation using data to influence leaders, primarily C-level executives
* Successful track record of executing market research projects from start to finish (i.e., hands on research experience)
* A high degree of autonomy, independence and executive presence
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to network within the Consulting community and analysts to gather information
* Experience working in a market research firm or leading market research for B2B business; strong understanding of the consulting industry preferred
* Bachelor’s degree in business, market research, statistics or other related field of study
* Experience working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to effectively work in group environment
* Ability to travel 10-15% of the time
So, if you're looking for an opportunity to flex your market intelligence skills and influence a high-growth firm’s Strategy in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you own your career, we'd love to hear from you.
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.