Senior Principal Product Technical Program Manager at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
This position reports to: Senior Director Product Technical Program Management
ServiceNow makes the world of work, work better for people. We help our customers automate and improve their operations in three core areas; within their IT teams, with their employees, and with their customers.
The IT Workflow Products team is defining and delivering modern IT to the enterprise. We are responsible for the portfolio of products that serve CIOs and their staff of technologists and operators. Our products span ITSM (service management), ITOM (operations management), ITBM (business management), ITAM (asset management), Security, Risk, and DevOps. We are passionate about helping CIOs meet their digital transformation goals and architect their future of their organizations.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Senior Principal Product Technical Program Manager, you will work with engineering and product teams to deliver world class products and applications. You’ll play an integral role in ensuring new products and underlying technologies are not only delivered on time but exemplify the top-notch quality our customers demand. Our teams span the globe and require program managers to keep the big picture in focus. It will be your responsibility to orchestrate and navigate the product delivery lifecycle, reducing friction, and ensure consistent communications amongst the teams.
- Key Activities include
- Building programs, coordinating & facilitating technical orientated programs and or projects
- Developing, tracking & communicating the overall plan; definition and agreement on scope, success criteria, schedule, key milestones, deliverables, risks, dependencies
- Develop metrics and data models to drive recommendations that accelerate decisions
- Coordinate a regular cadence across the divisional and functional leaders with operational metrics needed for weekly/monthly/quarterly meetings with senior leadership.
- Closed Loop management of Customer Programs such as Design Partner & Early Availability Program
- Ongoing Activities include
- Leading initiatives for improvements in IT Workflow Products product delivery, and go to market enablement, to meet our business objectives.
- Developing required documentation such as process design documents, workshop agenda & presentations, stories, use cases, roles/responsibilities
- Communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment for recommendations and assisting teams with resolving critical path technical issues and challenges
- Proactively identify and address issues with internal business units and engineering teams.
- Analyze processes and outcomes to identify root causes & drive opportunities for improvement
- Be a thought leader and subject matter expert in agile methods and agile product delivery.
- Demonstrate visible leadership through internal presentations, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Establish, collect, and enable the reporting of key quality and product delivery process metrics to executives, organizational leaders and teams.
- You are a key team player and driving force for the above.
- You have exemplary technical program management skills; this is in terms of process and documentation, keeping two steps ahead of the plan (foreseeing issues, risks, dependencies); leading and facilitating meetings; crisp verbal & written communication skills with ability to negotiate/influence and work cross-functionally.
- You are passionate about the customer experience and service availability, uncompromising in delivery of high quality, scalable and sustainable solutions.
- You are also a critical thinker, embracing ‘out of the box’ thinking to solve problems.
- You lead by example; develop and share best practices across the team.
- You understand work can be fun and strive to create an environment that promotes team collaboration & pride in working towards a common goal. We like to have fun while we work, and you should too.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Minimum of 7 years technical program management experience building programs, project management, and release schedules on a global scale with at least 4 years of that dedicated to running large go to market and product delivery programs; basic knowledge of cloud infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS), or related field.
- Extensive experience driving large scale, complex global change initiatives and programs to a successful implementation.
- Experience designing and building metrics, KPIs, and dashboards.
- Solid experience in requirements gathering, including experience in creating process documentation
- Experienced with problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Proven ability to drive and deliver successful programs with 25+ team members across a fast paced, matrix environment.
- Excellent facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives, including the ability to concisely and accurately communicate with team members and senior leadership (i.e. VP/SVP).
- Proven track record of using agile techniques to manage large scale and complex projects.
- Ability to efficiently context switch amongst multiple projects.
- Ability to travel to ServiceNow locations worldwide for key strategic meetings (i.e. once per month or once per quarter).
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.