Senior Program Manager, Cloud FinOps at Reverb
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. Etsy, Inc.'s 'house of brands' portfolio has expanded to now include four individually distinct eCommerce brands – Etsy, fashion resale marketplace Depop, musical instrument marketplace Reverb, and Brazil-based handmade goods marketplace Elo7. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
Etsy is looking for an experienced Program Manager to join the Cloud FinOps & Strategy team. The ideal candidate has a strong track record in cloud strategy, cost optimization, and financial management. They will work collaboratively across product engineering, infrastructure, and architecture teams to meet Etsy’s business and technical objectives.
This is a full-time role reporting to the Senior Manager, Engineering with the possibility to work remotely in the US.Job Description
What You'll Do
- Etsy’s cloud infrastructure is ever-evolving; the ideal candidate will develop tools and practices to ensure an accurate, up-to-date inventory, which can be leveraged to make recommendations to promote both cost optimization and greater adoption of Cloud Native technologies.
- You understand -- or are willing to quickly learn -- the full range of Compute, Networking, Storage, Managed Services, and Serverless offerings from Cloud vendors, along with the cost structures and technical use cases associated with those offerings.
- You will lead engineering squads through complex decisions such as selecting the appropriate Cloud and SaaS products, weighing performance, features, cost, and other risk factors.
- You have strong presentation and communication skills enabling you to distill critical information from complex technical and business problems and to facilitate discussions on these topics with Etsy’s Eng leadership.
- Partner with the Architecture team to ensure delivery teams are adhering to cloud standards
- You excel at working with Finance and Accounting to analyze our Cloud spend, manage and forecast the budget, and improve monitoring and alerting tools.
- You will partner with our Cloud and other technology providers, advocating for Etsy’s engineering and business priorities.
Who you are
- have at least 3 years of experience in the technology industry with project or program management, and are well versed in the software development lifecycle.
- have at least 2 years of experience managing cross-team budgets.
- have at least 2 years of experience in technology vendor management.
- have a foundational understanding of GAAP, as well as effective cost management strategies common in the software industry.
- have a passion for analysis and forecasting complex systems.
- are excellent at self-management and self-organization. You are able to maintain order in times of ambiguity and competing priorities.
- are able to influence outcomes and people without relying on reporting lines or organizational hierarchy.
- have excellent communication skills. Experience building executive level communication is a plus.
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a coverletter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you'vehopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality andvariety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to belike you! So write to us and tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makesus a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. Weencourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences toapply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on thebasis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexualorientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability,gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status,veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure thatindividuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations toparticipate in the job application and interview process, to performessential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges ofemployment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunitiesmay be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We're open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.