Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Upwork's Professionals Services team delivers extraordinary solutions to our most critical clients. As the Senior Program Manager, Managed Solutions, you will work as a trusted operational partner, bringing together Upwork’s expertise and thought leadership to build these solutions and to solve our clients' needs. You will excel at building internal and external relationships, and bring expertise in building and scaling programs with partners that align to priorities and deliver results. You will bring together the right Upwork teams to expand our footprint and ensure the development and delivery of innovative and profitable engagements. Come join a collaborative, dynamic team that helps grow the business with our colleagues and embodies the company's mission and values.
- Partner with the Enterprise sales team to scope, allocate resources and develop new professional services opportunities.
- Develop Solutions for and draft substantive responses to RFI’s and RFP’s to assist Sales in winning new business and growing Upwork
- Develop and support new and creative program categories and train enterprise team to help drive growth
- Be the organization's Managed Solutions authority and utilize your history and experience to educate partners about market trends in the BPO, BPS and MS industries.
- Align cross-functional teams to deliver clear and effective operational plans
- Present solutions to diverse partner groups and engage with senior executives of mid-market, large business, and Enterprise clients.
- Lead and support teams of project and program managers to articulate project scope and objectives
- Define project roles and responsibilities, establish work plans, schedule, and budget
- Manage deliverables and plan appropriate reviews and quality assurance checkpoints
- Oversee and report to all levels, including executive partners, day-to-day progress of all assigned programs
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 3-5+ years of development experience within a business processing outsourcing (BPO), business process solutions (BPS) or managed services focused organization
- 5+ years client relationship or Project management experience
- 2+ years client facing sales or account management experience
What it takes to knock our socks off:
- Experience translating business requirements into real world project scopes, with clear communication to C-level partners
- Pragmatic, Organized Problem Solving, and strong analytical skills
- A consistent track record of successfully handling multiple projects, locations and processes
- You have a keen ability to handle financial metrics and enable pre-sales activities
- Experience working with diverse offshore talent and cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams
- You have excellent collaborative abilities across multi-functional teams and a consistent record of influencing all levels of the organization.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.