Senior Project Manager (Freelance) at closerlook, inc.
closerlook’s Senior Project Manager freelancer is a motivated, detail-oriented professional with a can-do, team-oriented attitude. The Sr. Project Manager will have project specific responsibilities across a set of client account(s) as assigned. They will work closely with agency counterparts (Account, Creative, Finance, Strategy, Technology) to create the space for great ideas, work and results.
The role is responsible for achieving great project-level results for the agency through thoughtful project planning, staff alignment and effective project management that anticipates and actively manages to mitigate risks. The Sr. Project Manager will have a firm handle on financial management responsibilities including estimating work, budget management, forecasting revenue and supporting other agency financial processes.
- Act as primary Project Manager lead for assigned client accounts and projects.
- Point of contact for work that has been kicked off and is in motion at the agency.
- Solicit client direction and input; manage client expectations.
- Oversee the organization and prioritization of work across client responsibilities
- Consultative approach, able to identify and proactively manages projects.
- Ability to synthesize client interactions into actionable direction.
- Deliver high quality work that exceeds client expectations.
- Financial management including pricing, budget management, reconciliation and billing.
- Actively partner with Account, Creative, Finance, Strategy and Technology to establish project approach and pull through the work from job activation to end delivery.
- Work closely with Account partners to clearly define and activate project work.
- Anticipates and actively manages projects and mitigate risks to delivery .
- Serve as the organizational lead for assigned clients and project work.
- Manage daily hot sheets, facilitate flow of project work, partner closely with resource management to align staff to the work.
- Facilitate efficient communication across the agency team including capturing meeting notes and outlining next steps as required.
- Create and manage project timelines and resource assignments.
- Developing decision maker and problem solver.
- Expanding ability to set direction for the team based on good, consistent decision making.
- Firm handle on financial management responsibilities including estimating work, budget management, forecasting revenue and supporting other agency financial processes
- Prepare client submissions.
- May have formal personnel management responsibilities of a Project Manager and/or Project Coordinator within the team
- 6 or more years of experience in a Project Manager and/or project management capacity.
- Experience delivering technology-based projects; experience with agile methodologies is a plus.
- Pro-active, detail oriented professional with strong organization skills.
- Problem-solving mindset with an ability to adapt within an ever-changing environment.
- Growing project management skill set (processes and tools).
- Developing financial acumen with an ability to scope/estimate work, manage budgets, execute billing and support other agency financial processes.
- Effective communicator with internal and external clients.