CityBase is a govtech startup, headquartered in the Loop of Chicago. We are a team of more than 40 people who are curious, driven and forward-thinking.
CityBase creates technology to make government more personal and responsive. We work with municipalities, agencies, and utilities to integrate their business processes and citizen interactions onto a central, cloud-based platform accessible through multiple channels, including web, mobile, kiosk, and point-of-sale.
What we are looking for:
We have an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our team and help us wow the next generation of CityBase clients. As a senior member of our Implementation team, you are a stickler for details and are driven to ensure your projects are delivered as planned, on time and on budget. The ideal candidate is extremely detail-oriented, positive, intuitive, and possesses a passion for people as well as technology.
You are responsible for driving an efficient, collaborative and positive implementation experience with CityBase’s large-scale client implementations. These implementations will require you to coordinate with our client, our client’s vendors, multiple CityBase partners, and multiple internal teams. In addition to client implementation work, the Senior Project Manager will contribute to our evolving implementation methodology, staff onboarding and staff mentoring.
This position is based out of the CityBase Chicago office, with an estimated 25 percent travel as needed to client sites.
- Independently lead and manage all aspects of complex large projects: scope, issues/risks, schedule, budget, quality, communication, team & client relationships
- Lead complex technical projects with internal team partners from inception through execution with clear direction, documentation, deliverables and timelines.
- Provide visibility & transparency into the progress of your projects with multiple stakeholders to ensure all parties are aligned.
- Gather and track lessons learned from previous efforts and apply those to ensure the delivery of each subsequent project is more successful than the last.
- Be a positive champion for teamwork, collaboration and communication throughout your projects.
- 6-8 years of experience managing multiple large, complex and cross-functional software implementation projects, preferably in a consulting or government environment
- BS or BA in business or related field. PMP Certification required
- Must have software experience (SaaS experience preferred, but not required)
- Demonstrated success building relationships across departments & levels of the organization through proactive communication and partnership.
- Extraordinary team player and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision making and execution are critical to organizational success
- Outstanding project management, resource management, communication & organizational skills. Both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycles, mobile web technologies, web development processes and the delivery of solutions
- Superior MS Office and MS Project expertise. Knowledge of collaboration and workflow tools such as Confluence, Jira, Google Docs, Smartsheet.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple, high-detail, deadline-sensitive projects with a high level of quality in all deliverables.
- Passion for innovation and efficiency: proven track record implementing internal process improvements
- Strong attention to detail and ability to complete large volumes of work efficiently and effectively
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
You’ll be really happy here if:
- You're looking to contribute to our culture and roadmap
- You love working collaboratively
- You are high energy and low ego
- You’re comfortable giving feedback and receiving constructive criticism
- You have a positive open attitude and a desire to have fun