Senior Technical Program Manager - Cloud Infrastructure at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We’re looking for an experienced Senior level Technical Program Manager to join our Cloud Infrastructure group and focus on our platform, frameworks and other foundational tools used to build software at Grubhub. Our clients are all internal but distributed, busy and opinionated so the right candidate will have a strong engineering background, be highly organized, analytical and multi disciplined. This will involve architecture, technology & vendor selection, project and product management.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work with internal teams to develop and refine the software development process, contributing cross-functional technical and product expertise, anticipating and removing impediments, providing escalation management, anticipating and making tradeoffs, and balancing business needs with technical constraints.
- Ongoing communication of planning, project status, issues and risks in a timely manner to program stakeholders.
- Ability to distill complex issues and feedback into meaningful directive communications.
- Mine data analytically and extract impactful operational insight.
- Help define the long term vision & strategy for the ecommerce & corporate initiatives.
- Tech savvy, and thrives on using technology to solve problems.
- Ability to build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics around performance.
- Ability to handle a number of simultaneous tasks while demonstrating urgency and ownership to drive tasks and issues to completion.
- Proven track record to effectively and efficiently deliver large, complex projects.
- Coordinate and track individual projects, programs and initiatives that support company strategic plans and product/services roadmap to drive business results. Foster an environment of collaboration, partnership, customer focus, quality, excellence, urgency, accountability, continuous improvement, and innovation. Define expectations and metrics and monitor performance.
- Oversee planning of projects, programs, and initiatives ensuring consistency and compliance to company processes and policies. Contribute to, and assist facilitation of Agile development practices. Drive execution and accountability to deliver on time, on budget, to the scope, and with quality. Ensure people, processes, and technologies are aligned to deliver business value.
- Partner with executive leadership and business stakeholders in an organized governance model to maintain prioritization of projects, programs, and initiatives, and ensure appropriate alignment of resources. Build a reputation as a trusted partner who understands the business and collaborates to deliver on commitments and drive business results.
- Create, maintain and disseminate program & initiative issues and risks to stakeholders
- Proven track record of creating enterprise-level software - delivering large-scale, highly available systems and quality software products or components.
- Excellent stakeholder management, 9-12 years in the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, and listening skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Technical background to quickly earn the respect of our engineering team, and a passion for technology while continually pushing yourself to learn new things.
You Should Have
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field is preferred
- Program management in platform/cloud, internal tools, cloud infrastructure with software engineering experience is preferred
- Strong software engineering background. Understanding issues such as the applicability of specific design patterns and architecting for massive scale
- Strong blend of technical, business acumen that enables seamless communication across teams, project execution & great customer reach.
- Should be able to come up with scenarios & business requirements by analyzing data & business needs.
- Enthusiastic: You’ll need an optimistic, charismatic, and outgoing personality in order to lead by influencing others and you’ll be a key part of making our workplace fun and energetic.
- Motivational: You’ll need the ability to motivate others by demonstrating a clear purpose for the team and how their work fits into the company’s strategy while facilitating a sense of autonomy and creating an environment where people can continue to master their craft through professional development. You must be willing to hold teams accountable to our vision and values.
- Adaptable: You’ll have the ability to dynamically adapt to shifts in priorities and projects, resolving contention and solving problems across technology and our business partners.
- Transparent: Your management style must be honest, transparent, and authentic and you need the ability to build relationships and trust quickly.
- Critical thinking: You must be able to ensure that the programs we release will positively impact our business and not be afraid to be a voice of reason and authority when a product is not ready in the face of external pressure to hit a specific timeframe.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.