Senior Vice President, Pharmacy Integration at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as the Senior Vice President of Pharmacy Integration
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Senior Vice President of Pharmacy Integration to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible, effective, and efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
In this new role reporting to the President of Village Medical, the Senior Vice President of Pharmacy Integration will build the infrastructure needed to deliver pharmacy integration in the organization’s clinics co-located with Walgreens and in stand-alone medical offices. Your experience facilitating collaborative working relationships between pharmacists and physicians and mid-level practitioners will be invaluable as you develop a scalable and repeatable plan for pharmacy integration with our existing clinics and with newly acquired practices. You will identify and remove barriers by teaming with leaders and functions to implement best practices for point-of-care solutions that result in optimal patient care. While ensuring operational consistencies in seamless integrated pharmacy solutions across different primary care situations, you will implement strategies that result in an additional revenue stream and company growth. As a leader in this critical area in healthcare, you will build a team to appropriately scale as our market expands. This role will be dynamic and evolving in nature as the business scales.
How you can make a difference
- Identify the technology, training and tools required to drive industry leading performance in pharmacy integration
- Lead pharmacy integration through the lens of clinical quality improvements and outstanding consumer experience
- Develop a comprehensive plan with a focus on process improvement, standardization, and repeatability that will enable pharmacy integration across existing and newly acquired medical offices in multiple geographies simultaneously
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders, leadership teams and internal departments
- Leverage relationships to drive successful completion of pharmacy integration initiatives, including an extensive set of relationships with executive and operating leaders at Walgreens
- Manage development and buildout of the pharmacy integration strategy across existing and new facilities in partnership with the national Village Medical leadership team
- Identify barriers and areas for improvement and drive change initiatives to completion to improve operations and financial outcomes
- Implement problem-solving initiatives and manage multiple project timelines with flexibility
- Communicate consistently, openly and effectively with all team members, co-workers and leadership
Skills for success
- Proven track record of results associated with your leadership
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and establish the required relationships to influence and generate results
- A strong track record as a clinician that establishes your credibility to lead this work as a clinical function, not a financial program
- Experience performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- Strong work ethic that lends to building successful partnerships with diverse stakeholder groups
- Ability to bring together stakeholders from different departments to collaborate on solutions and achieve overall goals and objectives
- Desire to coach and develop team members to help them grow their professional skills and their knowledge of content and subject matter expertise
- A passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution
- A low ego and humility; ability to gain trust through good communication and follow through
Experience to drive change
- Pharmacy and/or other demonstrated clinical expertise and extensive experience in healthcare administration and operations with a proven track record of success in pharmacy / provider collaboration
- Comfort with launching and leading large-scale operations while driving transformation and change management initiatives
- Prior history and success building, leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams
- A natural comfort getting into the details of operations to drive execution, along with the ability to quickly pivot between strategy and operations
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of healthcare financial and operational data and reporting as well as healthcare technology specific to pharmacy platforms
- Demonstrated experience driving results in a high-growth enterprise
- PharmD from an accredited college of pharmacy or MD/DO required
- Ability to work from Houston, TX, or Chicago, IL, preferred (negotiable for the right candidate)
- Travel required
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.