Service Delivery Director at SMS Assist
The Service Delivery Director is responsible for driving profitable business results and operational excellence by creating and developing relationships with clients and developing service that exceeds expectations. Their main focus will be to act as a voice of client leadership to internal stakeholders, as well as driving a two-way relationship back to client leadership. This role serves as a key contact for clients while also working with Sales, Operations, Legal, and Technology to deliver an excellent client experience. As Director, you will partner closely with functional operational leaders to ensure customer needs, Service Level Agreements, and business goals are met.
- Develop, maintain and grow strategic client relationships
- Perform regular assessments of client data to understand objectives, meet needs and resolve challenges
- Develop and present monthly updates, quarterly plans, and annual business reviews to the client
- Leverage internal departments such as Sales, Operations, Affiliates, IT, ProdTech and Marketing to meet or exceed performance standards of established service level agreements (SLAs)
- Work cross-functionally with internal departments to prioritize and execute on strategic initiatives
- Project management of items coming out of client calls, including any tasks, reporting, or projects as needed
- Implement solutions that best resolve client concerns; prevent and resolve escalated client issues
- Provide two-way feedback to the client on feedback from the internal SMS teams to help strengthen the relationship with client leadership.
- Forecast, measure and analyze account metrics and trends to improve client revenue and retention
- Identify new opportunities within the existing client accounts
- Lead client meetings and attend regular client status meetings as needed
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Travel requirements: Travel expected up to 30% of the time
- Customer Service Skills – Advanced
- Verbal Communication Skills – Advanced
- Written Communication Skills – Advanced
- Teamwork Skills – Proficient
- Relationship Skills – Advanced
- Negotiation Skills – Proficient
- Analysis Skills – Proficient
- Organizational Awareness Skills – Advanced
- Problem-Solving Skills – Advanced
- Process Orientation Skills – Advanced
- Prioritization Skills – Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- Ability to assess strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats within an account
People Management Skills
- Management of Service Delivery Manager(s)
- Advanced proficiency in all people management processes, including recruitment, performance management and reward
- Advanced proficiency in building, growing and developing a team; including department structure design and resourcing
- Advanced proficiency in coaching and developing individual team members to reach their potential
- Proficient in engaging multiple teams through communication, processes, personal impact and influence
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 10 or more years business experience including 7 or more years of building, and/or managing accounts/stores/regions within the facilities or property management industry required
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Experience in facilities or property management industry is a plus
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
ancy or other reasons prohibited by law.