SMS Assist Summary
At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for driving profitable business results and operational excellence by creating and developing relationships with clients and delivering service that exceeds expectations. Their main focus is to act as a voice of the client to internal stakeholders, as well as driving a two-way relationship back to the client. This role serves as a key client contact and works with Sales, Operations, Legal and Technology to deliver an excellent client experience.
- Oversee account relationship and act as main liaison for both corporate and local office client relationships
- Prepare for and lead bi-weekly Operations calls with the client
- Build strong relationships with internal departments and drive deliverables to help meet the goals of our clients (process improvement, call takeaways, local visit takeaways, aging discussions, etc.)
- Project management of items coming out of local office calls, including any tasks, reporting or projects as needed
- Review and validate client concession requests on a monthly basis
- Provide two-way feedback to the client on feedback from the internal SMS teams in order to strengthen the relationship
- Cross-functional collaboration with Operations, Affiliates, Business Analytics, and Technology teams to help drive client initiatives
- Respond to any escalated issues from the client
- Organize agendas and travel to regional offices to strengthen relationships and gather feedback
- Lead and plan quarterly business meetings with the regional offices.
- Review tableau dashboards to proactively manage any issues before getting to the client
- Attend regular meetings to ensure client success: aging reviews, market meetings, daily Operational Management stand up, Account Ops Meeting, Residential Management Meeting
- Work with Client on documentation surrounding insurable events
- Uncover/understand client objectives, challenges and needs by performing regular client needs assessments.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Travel requirements: Travel expected up to 30% of the time
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service - Advanced
- Verbal Communication – Advanced
- Written Communication – Advanced
- Teamwork – Advanced
- Relationship – Advanced
- Negotiation – Proficient
- Organizational Awareness – Proficient
- Problem-Solving – Proficient
- Process Orientation – Proficient
- Prioritization – Proficient
Role Specific Skills
- Ability to assess strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats within an account
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5 or more years business experience including 3 or more years of building, and/or managing accounts/stores/regions within the facilities or property management industry required
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Experience in facilities or property management industry is a plus
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.