Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Cloud Engineering is at the core of the technology engine that enables the Upwork platform. We engineer and own all infrastructure, platform services, automation, tooling and drive modern Service Management. The scope of our charter requires modern Service Management and Operations Intelligence to successfully deliver, manage and operate our end-to-end infrastructure and platform services
Please Note: Service Management is a new area just being established within Upwork Cloud Engineering. Successful candidates will be comfortable coming in and building this area out from scratch with a very small team, but with a lot of management support!
- Executing and implementing service ownership via a service taxonomy, service level management, the service catalog and service portfolio management
- Drive the maturation of Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management and Knowledge management
- Help articulate and execute a strategy for service management-related communications
- Enable continual service improvement through the effective use of metrics in support of key performance indicators and critical success factor used to manage service delivery
- Drive the execution and implementation of Service Management Tools and Reporting, including the analysis and administration of SLM tools to understand key performance indicators for managing service delivery and modern reports for management support, and operational and strategic planning
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 8+ years in progressively senior Service Engineering and/or Service Management (ITSM) roles
- Strong experience or understanding of the ITIL V3 service management disciplines within the context of service development and service operations
- Strong technology experience in using and administering modern Service Management tools.
- Has a high-degree of autonomy and drive. Has full ownership of the work
- Is a servant-leader, ready to engage with other key stakeholders of the company in a humble and productive way
- Experience implementing cross-functional process improvements and delivering extraordinary results
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with people at all organizational levels
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation communication skills
How to really knock our socks off:
- Experience with DevOps model
- ITIL Practitioner certification a plus
- Operations Analytics experience
- You look to technology first vs process to enable and prove Service quality
- You have experience delivering Service Management at larger companies but know how to parse & optimize for mid/smaller organizations (not process for process sake).
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.