Site Reliability Administrator
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software company in a category of its own.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future – enabling our customers to be employers of choice for their employees and supervisors.
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment full of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small squads around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work.
The Site Reliability Administrator will be a core part of our Site Reliability & Operations team within our Technology organization. This role will be responsible for the uniform deployment of proactive monitoring across each of our technology stacks through automation. This position will also take a pivotal role around creating a reference architecture for standard alerts coming out of our monitoring sources and defining the correlation of these alerts into actionable situations for our Incident Management teams.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
• A technologist with a strong background in enterprise level monitoring solutions and their deployment in a large-scale environment (~5000 hosts)
• Passionate about continuous improvement in performance & availability in an environment through efficient alerting and routing
• Proven experience in rolling out and maintaining a diverse set of monitoring agents in a centralized manner
How we work:
• Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
• Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
• Customers at the center of everything we do
• Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
• Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
• Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What we offer:
• A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
• Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
• Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
• A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
• Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
• A phenomenal culture that keeps getting better
• Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in deploying or maintaining enterprise monitoring tools for Application Performance Management (e.g. AppDynamics, New Relic), Infrastructure Monitoring (e.g. Solarwinds, SCOM) and translating the resulting alerts into notifications and escalations in a mixed SaaS and On-Premise environment
• Ability to effectively communicate details of complex issues to stakeholders, business and technical users
• Analytical skills, with the ability to identify themes within data and make data driven decisions
• Own overall day-to-day technical relationships, operational support around the monitoring toolset, and maintenance of the alert / event reference architecture
• Define and implement a standard way of rolling out monitoring agents to a diverse set of target end-point profiles using deployment automation tools (e.g. Octopus)
• Maintain agent versioning to ensure stability of the monitoring environment
• Demonstrated high-level understanding of enterprise software and networking concepts including SaaS technologies, and SDLC.
During the last three months, you would have:
• Helped deploy and configure monitoring agents to a variety of application and database hosts
• Integrated alerting out of the monitoring toolset into event management or ITIL
• Defined escalation patterns for different severities of alerts into a paging tool for incident management
• Identified and documented ongoing monitoring training requirements and created a communication plan
• Created and presented monthly performance and availability metrics to leadership
• Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2014, 2017, 2018
• Glassdoor Highest Rated CEO's 2014, 2017
• CIO Applications Top 25 HR Technology Solution Providers 2017
• Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2013-2017
• DC Digital Top Work Places 2016-2017
• 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Chicago 2008-2017
• Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago 2012-2017
• Best Places to Work Idaho 2017
• Best Places to Work Orlando Business Journal 2016-2017
• Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation 2014, 2017