Software Delivery Manager
NextCapital's Digital Advice Platform is a holistic service built around the investor, providing world-class advice at an affordable price. It is the only service that offers integrated planning, advice, and portfolio management capabilities. Because of the breadth of advice services, NextCapital serves a broad range of investor types, from the low-balance beginning investor to the sophisticated high net worth investor.
JOIN OUR TEAM
We're looking for talented and highly motivated software delivery managers to join our team. Ideal candidates are strong communicators who are comfortable operating at varying levels of technical detail given a range of contexts. Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Deliver projects using Scrum, learning & iterating frequently
- Direct enterprise partners in data integration planning & delivery
- Organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Manage multiple projects with varying scope while consistently meeting deliverables and striving to exceed expectations.
- Understand the underlying technologies being used on a partner and/or project to be able to provide project management over technical implementation projects.
- Interface effectively with product managers, designers & engineers
- Identify, communicate & remove impediments to project progress
- Engage at varying levels of technical detail depending on the audience
- Address partner inquiries at the appropriate level of criticality
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have at least 2 years of Agile software project management or consulting experience
- You have experience delivering complex projects and working with enterprise partners
- You are well organized
- You’re known as a strong communicator
- You stay calm and focused during the occasional work fire drill
- You can balance the goals of your project with those of the broader company
- You know when to make a decision yourself, and when to gather input from others
- You are equally comfortable leveraging a defined process or designing a new one
- You have an understanding of Agile project methodology
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- Enjoy a laid back work environment & learn from FinTech’s best & brightest
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage
- Join a fast growing company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, wine tastings, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- Enjoy a newly built out office on Michigan Avenue with a view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan.
- Sip locally roasted coffee, kombucha, or craft beer at your modular sitting/standing desk