Software Implementation Project Manager at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The Implementation Project Manager manages the evaluation, planning, and execution of new client implementations. This role is responsible for the client experience from the time they sign to the time they go-liveclosed until the client is using the platform. This position is the face of the project and the role centers on communicating expectations, challenges and solutions to clients while handling or delegating tasks to a Project Specialist as needed to ensure quality and accuracy throughout the implementation phase of the client lifecycle.
About this roll*:
- Develop and manage project plans from initiation to closure of project
- Establish project scope, goals, deliverables, requirements and timing with input from client and internal stakeholders
- Communicate project milestones to clients and management
- Manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and discussed with project team and management as needed
- Utilize tools and checklists to ensure that project is being executed timely and accurately
- Audit and review all setup items as tasks are being completed for sign off
- Engage Support, HR, Benefits, and/or EDI teams as necessary depending on project scope and services
- Document best practices to ensure consistency in the execution of future projects
- Regular and predictable attendance
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 3-5 years experience in project or account management
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders including clients, senior leadership, and internal stakeholders
- Must be able to manage multiple client implementations simultaneously
- Comfortable giving direction/guidance
- Communicate potential concerns confidently and effectively
- Ability to elicit cooperation from internal and client team
- Ability to delegate and audit
- Excel knowledge preferred; otherwise eagerness to build on existing knowledge of Excel functionality
- Strong initiative and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
*Bread puns encouraged but not required