Software Program Manager
SteelSeries is looking for a Software Program Manager to help develop world class gaming products. We are looking for someone that will play an important role in our product development and has a serious passion for gaming, technology, and software development.
As a Software Program Manager, you will:
- Lead our developers, testers, designers, and analysts to deliver great software and firmware on time, on budget, and with the committed feature set
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project plans, including management of concurrent software and firmware projects in a fast paced environment
- Establish strong working relationships with colleagues and teams across multiple departments to effectively collaborate and achieve results
- Facilitate and proactively drive issue resolution, follow-up, and elimination of roadblocks
- Plan which new features and bug fixes will be delivered in each upcoming software and firmware releases, with inputs from Product Management (Roadmap) and SW/HW Engineering Management (Resources)
- Lead the daily Stand Up meeting with developers/testers, to share status and plans for the current work day
- Insure that everything that needs to be worked on and delivered by the SW/FW Team is tracked in the SCM Tools (Jira / Github / Jenkins) and its priority and due date are set properly
- Create reports/slideware, as needed, that provide key software development metrics for upper management (release burn down charts, resource management plans, test s-curves, risk management plans, etc)
- Mentor junior engineers, as needed, to share lessons learned and experience
- Evaluate Software Development processes and recommend continuous improvements
- Coordinate release planning activities with adjacent teams that provide key inputs to SW/FW Dev efforts (UX/UI, Translations, etc)
- Collaborate with Product Management team and Engineering Management to define the future roadmap of SteelSeries Engine software and New Product firmware
What we are looking for:
- Experience leading agile software/firmware development projects
- Experience with developing Consumer facing applications
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience in software best practices like Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- BS Degree in a technical field
- 5-10 yrs experience as a SW Program Manager / Project Manager / Scrum Master/
- Working Knowledge of the PMI PMBOK and all of the tools/methods, therein, that can be followed to successfully manage projects
- PMP Certification or Masters Certificate in PjM definitely a plus
- Attention to detail/Manage by Data – Can keep track of a lot of things at one time and prioritize/re-prioritize as needed, based on new data
- Resilient – Can adjust, on the fly, when things don’t go as planned to achieve a good outcome for the business and maintain a positive attitude
SteelSeries makes high performance gaming gear and software used by the most demanding, top professional gamers worldwide and peripherals that provide superior quality and a competitive edge to gamers of all skill levels.
What originally began with two people who recognized the need for superior, high-quality/performance gaming gear that would give gamers a competitive edge, has grown into a global leader in gaming and entertainment gear sought after for their high performance capabilities.
Fast-forward to today, and we’ve come a long way since our first glass mouse pad. We have global offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, providing an integrated portfolio of products designed specifically for gaming.
- Smart, inquisitive and can get stuff done.
- Want to make a huge impact and love pushing the boundaries of product development.
- Take pride in what you do and want to be part of that next great product sitting on the shelf at your local Best Buy or distributed through Steam.
- Accustomed to a small company environment, including wearing many hats and managing many things at any given time
We offer competitive pay, great benefits and an awesome work place with people who love gaming and technology.
Sorry, we can’t do any visa sponsorship at this time. This position is located in our office in downtown Chicago.