Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. Our unique value stack combines pioneering IIoT technologies with skilled delivery, exclusive financing, and risk-free insurance models.
We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Relayr is seeking an agile, authentic, and collaborative Solutions Architect to join our fast growing Sales Engineering & Solutions Architect [SEA] team reporting to the global Director of SEA. This position will work closely with the account team, service delivery team, and others to help design, create, and oversee implementation of an IIoT solution for our customers. You will thrive in this position if you are knowledgeable about both business and technology and able to make connections between business needs and technology solutions. This position can be based out of Chicago.
Job Responsibilities and Key Objectives:
- Evaluate solution approach options and available technology to ensure the final proposal demonstrates capabilities that are defined in our industry referential documentation to the maximum extent possible.
- Ensure detailed user case scenarios are defined and approved for each client solution being deployed.
- Define technical objectives, process requirements, constraints, and scope of the solution to be developed.
- Review and approve all To-Be process designs, use cases and functional specifications.
- Define optimal ways of integration between relayr cloud- and gateway-based software products as well as third-party hardware and software.
- Define and control technical project tasks for hardware and software development teams, including both relayr and subcontractor ones.
- Build lasting customer relationships and partnerships with IoT decision-makers across the industry.
- Having thought leader level knowledge in architectural design and application delivery in technologies that include, but are not limited to cloud, mobile, web, APIs/microservices, automation, continuous integration/continuous deployment, AI/ML and emerging technologies
- Industrial related fieldbus and system knowledge
- Basic knowledge of industrial technologies and protocols
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or technical equivalent
- Software Development Lifecycle and Agile methodologies (SCRUM, kanban, and others)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and/or within a collaborative, mixed [company and vendor resourced] global team
- Open to travel up to 30-40% as needed (after COVID-19 restrictions are lifted)
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Office Locations in Munich, Berlin, Katowice, Milan, Chicago and Sales Teams across remote locations
- Work life balance including a flexible work from home policy, vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline
- Competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance, flexible spending account, and commuter benefits
- 401(k) with employer match
- Visit your customers on site and let us take care of your car expenses
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.
Read Full Job Description