Sr Agile Delivery Leader
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Project Delivery Group of Arity is responsible for collaborating across the organization to help deliver our cutting-edge products to new markets. We thrive in a fast-paced, Agile environment that requires driving to get things done.
The Sr Agile Scrum Master is accountable for leading all aspects of a project. This includes pursuit and/or project delivery including scope, timelines, resources, budget, risks and issues, relationships, and communication. It is the Sr Agile Scrum Master's responsibility to ensure the project is delivered on time, within budget, and meets or exceeds quality expectations.
- Directs strategic initiatives or DCIO level project/programs of the highest complexity and impact
- Demonstrates mastery of best practices in project management and communication processes and contributes to the improvement of these processes at Allstate
- Demonstrates thought leadership in problem solving, staff development and effective interaction with senior management
- Takes the lead role in highly pressurized situations when there is a need to communicate critical project information while remaining sensitive to organizational politics
- Trains project management techniques and leads by example in raising the level of performance in the PMO
- Manages total concurrent projects summing over 15,000 hours but may be less based on other complexity factors
- Customizes solutions for complex issues typically involving DCIO or enterprise level considerations
- Drives agenda and facilitate projects/program steering committee meetings
- Drives project execution. Provides direction and oversight throughout project lifecycle to project team to meet applicable business requirements
- Engages appropriate stakeholders in risk identification and mitigation
- Assesses and reports health of all projects in an objective manner, maintains project transparency and accurate status; keeps managers, delivery area and portfolio managers informed
- Proactively identifies, resolves, and escalates (as needed) projects/program risks/issues to manager, portfolio manager and delivery area as needed
- Proactively plans staffing and makes dynamic adjustments to maximize resource efficiencies and achieve project results
- Maintains resource allocation throughout the project
- Identifies, coordinates, and communicates project dependency impact
- Coordinates department requirements on cross-functional projects and with vendors
- Coordinates, documents, and communicates project plans and requirements
- Provides feedback on team member competencies
- Accountable for understanding business objectives and how the projects/program delivers them; driving adjustments in projects/program to more effectively achieve desired business results
- Adapts and responds to changes both inside and outside the projects/program
- Ability to predict risk areas, design mitigation/contingency strategies and execute on these strategies to avoid issues
- Ability to lead across a wide variety of project types
- Demonstrates expertise in critical project areas, including the core components of resources, planning, communication, risk, project integration management, scope management, time management, cost management, quality management, and leadership.
- Trains others in project management techniques.
- Provides thought leadership and interacts with senior management to keep them informed, and facilitates project completion through effective communication.
- Consistently expedites the delivery of products and services in a creative and imaginative manner while setting a standard for others.
- Often takes a lead role in highly pressurized situations when there is a need to communicate critical project information.
- Scrum Master Certified (Preferred but not required)
- Education: MBA (Preferred but not required)
- Experience: 10+ years of project management experience in multiple technology environments and/or consulting experience in Technology Solutions
- PMP Certification (Preferred but not required)
- Demonstrated track record in delivering multiple complex projects and/or programs as well as managing/mentoring of project managers with a strong focus on execution
- Excellent written/verbal communication and facilitation skills for communicating at all levels; including strong presentation skills
- Demonstrate expert skills in team leadership and conflict management
- Strong people oversight and mentoring skills
- Strong consultative, customer focus skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint)