SR ANALYTICS PROJECT LEADER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
The principal responsibility of a Senior Analytics Project Leader is to use his or her Leadership abilities and Technical expertise to lead teams of Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and Subject Matter Experts. As the project leader the incumbent will be responsible for leading and executing technical development as well as translating business asks to development requirements and leading team and stakeholder communications and training. The Senior Analytics Project Leader is assigned the highest value and most complex projects in the portfolio and bears primary responsibility for meeting customer expectations for the projects they are leading. This role will specifically serve as team lead for business intelligence and visualization driving technical development, communication and training, gathering business requirements and ensuring the requirements and products are delivered on time while exceeding customer expectations and supporting user experience.
Caterpillar uses quantitative techniques to solve problems. Typical problems include maximizing OPACC through improvements in Inventory Costs, Material Costs, NPI costs, etc; determining the principal drivers of health care costs; recommending the optimal supplier for a part; identifying sales, rental, and service opportunities for Caterpillar dealers; and developing simulation/optimization capabilities to model a new facility or product feature. In addition, would also provide analytic assistance to high-profile enterprise-wide projects such as the Engineered Value Chain. Provides thought leadership and helps set strategic direction through the project management & solution development.
This position will:
- Create and Execute advanced Tableau and Power BI tools
- Use knowledge of analytical methods and business acumen to guide cross-functional teams in the chartering and execution of analytics projects;
- Manage 3-4 projects concurrently
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Caterpillar Inc.; its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and its relevant external influences (competitors, laws and regulations, market conditions, etc.) to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Serve as the principal communicator with clients and internal stakeholders regarding project status.
- Lead and Manage the largest and most complex projects in the portfolio
Significant challenges of this position are working with people: enhancing the team’s creativity; facilitating the team’s cooperation; clearly communicating the requirements and tasks, while gaining input from the team on refinement of same; translating both verbal and non-verbal information from the customer, management and team members. The Senior Analytics Project Leader acts as spokesperson for the team in meetings with multiple levels of management and with the customer. As a Senior Analytics Project Leader, they must develop strong internal networks to enable them to obtain resources and cooperation needed and remove roadblocks so that they can insure the success of their project team.
The Senior Analytics Project Leader bears primary responsibility for meeting customer expectations for the projects they are leading.
The Senior Analytics Project Leader demonstrates thorough knowledge of analytical approaches/techniques and the ability to handle the most complex project issues, the incumbent demonstrates very good communication skills, exceptional planning and organization capabilities, and is able to explain conclusions to customers who have limited knowledge and experience with quantitative analytical methods. As a Senior role leading analytic project teams, he or she is expected to have previous experience leading teams and in project management, and should exhibit above average initiative, the ability to delegate tasks, and demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills. He or she should also have a comprehensive knowledge of Caterpillar Inc.; its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and a general understanding of Caterpillar’s external customers, competitors, and market influencers.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in statistics, economics, mathematics, or a similar field with quantitative coursework, and 7 years of professional experience utilizing quantitative analysis is required, a Master’s degree and 5 years of experience, or a PhD and 3 years of experience in relevant experience.
- Must be comfortable working industry standard data visualization and statistics packages
- Must demonstrate strengths in leadership, initiative, delegation, judgment, planning and organizing, and the ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels of Management as well as with team members.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.