Cisco Meraki knows that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will shape the future of our business and the experiences of our employees and customers.
The Senior Manager for Sales Planning is responsible for supporting the Cisco Meraki Sales team’s continued growth by driving key sales strategy projects, planning for headcount and growth across various teams, as well as ensuring appropriate commissions payments across the quota carrying members of the team. This role will manage a team of diverse analysts and project managers who will drive the direction of the sales organization, covering both direct and channel sales.
At Meraki, our goal as leaders is to grow and develop brilliant teams. The strength of our team is the foundation of our success. For us, the best team is one that is focused, highly trusted, empowered, inclusive and innovative. A great team will build products that disrupt markets and customer relationships that widen the impact we can have on the world. A great team will also inspire in each of us work that is meaningful and rewarding. We believe in our mission to help millions of customers and organizations and our teams are dedicated to helping them. You commit to living our leadership principles, create simple paths for people to deliver their best work, and make decisions that will prioritize the long-term health of Cisco Meraki.What you will do:
- Work closely with the Sr. Director of Sales Strategy & Operations to set direction for the team and align on key priorities
- Manage and coach a team of analysts across a diverse range of short and long-term projects
- Drive sales strategy: ensure Meraki resources are best employed to realize maximum competitive advantage. Develop opinion and recommendations to help build an effective organization, appropriate coverage strategies, and strong process to meet these goals.
- Drive critical analysis related to Meraki sales performance and growth to help sales leadership plan for headcount, quota, and growth plans across the sales organization (both direct sales and channel). Includes quarterly quota planning for all quota carrying members of the sales team
- Drive the continual evolution of Meraki Sales’ playbook by ensuring sales leadership understands and manages the business using the most critical metrics.
- Develop key insights on sales performance and create recommendations on actions to improve performance. Includes delivery of monthly reviews of business performance to sales leadership
- Drive operational excellence across the commissions process to ensure quota carrying members of the team are paid accurately and on time
- Drive compensation strategy and recommendations including comp plans, incentives, and analytics related to sales performance at granular level
- Manage key sales strategy projects to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the sales force
- Drive projects, as required, to upgrade the tools and systems required in support of other key responsibilities (e.g., improving Anaplan, the compensation platform used by Meraki)
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director for Channel Sales on key cross-functional programs and initiatives and advise on feasibility, impact, and support operationalization
- Evaluate lifecycle management of partners from onboarding through termination
- Candid. You communicate broadly and often, providing clear purpose, direction, goals, and measures.
- Career Champion. You invest in your team’s growth and development.
- Disagree, Decide, and Commit. You listen to understand different opinions and allow them to influence the direction.
- Results Driven. You are resilient, optimistic, and passionate about our business results while never compromising customer, partner, and team relationships.
- Trustworthy. You commit to earning our team’s trust everyday through your actions and transparency.
- BA/BS or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of leading leaders with a consistent track record of overachieving goals.
- 7+ years of experience in B2B sales team leadership.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management capabilities with the ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities and varying deadlines.
- Proven relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience, and interpersonal skills.
- Quarterly travel required.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.