If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Territory 8S Project Management Team works with customers across California. These customer leaders rely on our project managers to be their trusted advisors while implementing complex radio and software systems. The project managers are supported internally by engineers, system technologists and a Project Management Office to deliver these projects on time and on budget while satisfying the customer’s expectations.
Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the implementation of Communication System Projects and will act and be recognized as the leader / focal point for all aspects of assigned project(s). Responsible for delivering the contractual scope, on schedule and within budget, while maintaining customer satisfaction.
Must be able to utilize PM tools (schedule, critical path analysis, budget, change order, risk assessment, action item log, etc) to analyze complex issues and develop resolutions for any issues related to assigned project(s). The PM is responsible for allocating all necessary resources to meet project objectives, corporate financial, and customer satisfaction goals. The project manager is responsible for direct communication to customer’s organization and relevant senior stakeholders internally by conducting project reviews throughout the life of the project. In addition, the project manager is responsible for the overall pre-tax profit of all projects.
NOTE: This will be a remote position based in the San Francisco Bay Area or Sacramento areas of California
- Leads large projects or portions of very complex projects. Directs and coordinates the work activities of project team.
- Demonstrates a firm understanding of all nine areas of PMBOK project management and has expertise in two areas. Experienced in running project phases. Is able to oversee development of the complete project plan. Is able to establish, track, and audit project budgets, analyze variances and develop action plans as required.
- Represents the organization on projects and may perform in project leadership role.
- A project manager is accountable for accomplishing the stated project objectives within the stipulated time period and budget. Ensures that the three constraints (quality, cost and time) that face every project are properly managed.
- Involved in the recruitment and management of project staff including project reporting, administration and communication.
Additional Skills Preferred
- Experience with at least one of the following: Public Safety communications systems, Cellular infrastructure, Military communications, Civil construction or IT Networks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint & Project)
- PM Masters Certificate a plus. PMP highly desired. PMP and/or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM).
- Understanding of two way radio / cellular infrastructure communications products, services, and systems.
- Understanding of local public safety customers, such as police, fire, and emergency medical services is a plus.
- Must be a self motivated team player able to work effectively with general guidance toward objectives.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- 7+ years of project/program management or engineering experience or a Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of project management experience
Travel RequirementsOver 50%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.