Sr Project Manager at Motorola Solutions (Remote)
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe Territory 8N Project Management Team works with customers across Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, Alaska and Hawaii. The team consists of Project Managers with varying amounts of experience and levels of capability, who implement and integrate complex Motorola systems. This includes working with various disciplines both internal and external to Motorola in the interest of providing total customer satisfaction and achieving Regional business goals.
This position is for a Project Manager to implement medium to large projects. The candidate should have a basic understanding of project management principles and be good at developing relationships, internally and externally, to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
The Project Manager’s responsibilities include but not are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing and directing the efforts of internal Motorola resources and/or subcontractor personnel
- Successful completion of assigned projects on schedule, within budget, and according to contract requirements and prescribed quality standards
- Developing clear understanding of all contract requirements and negotiating all installation subcontracts
- Controlling inventory of equipment and parts
- Coordinating all system training, optimization, testing, and acceptance
- Preparing budgets, reports, and scheduling for each project assigned
- Ensuring the profitability and customer satisfaction goals of the project
- Leads and directs the work activities of program team across organizational boundaries
- Conducts complex needs assessments and requirements gathering directly with clients
- Defines and develops program scope, objectives, detailed plans, budgets and metrics for large complex projects
- Develops forecasts and responses to variances and trends with the project
- Monitors project execution to ensure all obligations are met. May pursue contract variations, when appropriate.
- Identifies and mitigates risks; develops and implements risk mitigation plans. Procures internal and external resources. Allocates project staff with the required competencies to meet the project objectives.
- Drives strategic relationships between internal and external teams. Resolves issues between internal and external groups.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully apply project management skill in such areas as customer relations, team building, matrix management, project planning, conflict resolution, and budget
- Capable of developing detailed project status reports and conducting formal customer briefings
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multi-disciplinary teams: engineers, technicians, project managers, project supervisors, etc.
- Prior technical background experience as an Engineer, senior technician, or similar experience is highly desirable
- PMI Certification is desirable
- Project Management Methodology (PMI)
- Computer skills capable of working with databases, Google Suite, MS Office and Project, PlanView, etc.
- Change order development
- Subcontractor management
- Knowledge of proper installation procedures
- Quality Assurance: can determine proper quality installation workmanship
- Bachelors Degree is preferred and 5+ years of experience in project/program management
- OR 7+ years of project management experience managing multi-technology projects
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.