Sr. Project Manager at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.Job Description
OTP’s (or Operations Technology Professionals) are trained engineers who work directly for McDonalds franchisees and supplement them by providing restaurant level technical expertise needed to deploy and support McDonalds cutting edge technologies. The OTP Program was founded nearly a decade ago to ensure the training, technical tools, and cross-franchisee relationships of the OTP’s are aligned with our overall business initiatives while still addressing one of the Global IT key pillars: Keep Systems Up and Running. While USIT strives for efficient technology performance of all systems, there are times when expectations are not met. The OTP program uses technical restaurant details to identify early deployment obstacles to new initiatives. Ultimately, they remove those obstacles by developing software/hardware solutions and prevent help desk calls impacting franchisee and customer experiences. Management and continuous improvement of this program directly translate to growth and sustainability in all elements of the US technology platform.
The US Restaurant Senior Project Manager- OTP Program, will:
- Liaise with US Field Resources to prepare for, communicate, and deploy technology solutions
- Generate cross-functionally outstanding deployment solutions with other team members of the US Technology Deployment Team using intimate knowledge of both in-restaurant operational behaviors along with out-of-restaurant processes.
- Analyze OTP trend data (e.g., OTP training sessions, deployment needs, and field feedback) to further improve the adoption of the OTP Program by McDonalds franchisees as well as advancing its impact on speed, efficiency, and restaurant uptime for technology deployments.
- Maintain and expand relationships with highly recognized OTP’s across the country to provide McDonalds leadership a field “pulse perspective” of technology reliability from our franchisees.
- Leverage established relationships with McDonalds Leadership to coordinate and plan for large OTP/Field interfaces such as our yearly OTP Conference
- Participate in corporate initiatives and/or lead department initiatives or high-demand projects with limited direction.
- Provide strategic direction for technology updates to our primary tool for OTP’s to maintain their restaurants- the OTP Web Portal.
- Key customers include multi-functional teams within US IT, OTP’s, USORT, Field (FIDs, OTMs), Operations, Product Development Teams, Deployment Services, Owner/Operators and Suppliers.
- Ultimately focused on providing the best possible Owner/Operator and restaurant crew experience with US IT products & services
- Build strong relationships & teamwork between teams within US IT, Field Partners/OTP’s, USORT, and related business teams
- Nurture and handle strategic relationships with internal/external customers and suppliers, external company counterparts, and industry and trade associations to garner standard methodologies to continually improve training options, identification, and measurement of top OTP qualities
- Partner with Operators on the Restaurant Technology Board (RTB) Deployment and Support team to collaborate on solving issues related to deployment of technology
- Act as the main liaison with the OTP Community
- Develop communications pertaining to significant changes in restaurant technology suppliers/programs by partnering with Communications Team
- Develop a restaurant technology deployment strategy as it relates to OTP collaborative deployments
- Work with suppliers and key customers to ensure standard methodologies are in place for implementation of tools/methodology.
- Assess the true impact of technology reliability by assessing the under-reported workarounds.
- Lead efforts to provide solutions directly to OTP’s in the wake of temporary system outages
- Facilitate long-term improvements to the resolution of support related issues from the field, Home Office and Operators after the escalation process has failed
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Help Desk/Service Desk with progression of increasing responsibility
- Minimum of 5 years of People Management Experience
- BA or BS in Business or Technology related field, Graduate degree preferred
- Outstanding communication skills across various channels
- Experience analyzing software and hardware co-dependencies
- Experience in deploying solutions to a system
- Outgoing, relationship driven, organized, with validated ability to solve complex problems and lead various relationships
- Customer service experience
- McDonald’s restaurant technology experience highly referred
- Experience with ServiceNow, Jira, and/or other incident management tools
- Experience with Technical Support Optimization
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.