Staff Technical Program Manager at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
When you join the PlatformX technical program management team you will work side-by-side with some of the most innovative and collaborative product and technology leaders. You will be supporting the teams in all aspects of their operation to ensure successful development and release of these cutting-edge technologies. A major part is helping to identify and improve areas of process, approach, structure, or information flow that are holding the team back from getting to success easily. You will play a major role in successfully delivering the latest technologies that will help ServiceNow scale and grow.
- You will partner with Engineering Managers and Product Managers to plan and prioritize work
- You will be working with Stakeholders to understand requirements and negotiate solutions to issues
- You will drive process improvements toward the consistent successful delivery of working product
- You will be engaging the teams on multiple levels of planning and execution from release, to milestone, to sometimes even sprint-level
- You will identify and manage cross-team collaboration and dependencies
- You will be removing impediments to delivery of the initiatives
- You will support the teams internal and external visibility to progress, status, timelines, risks and achievements
To be successful in this role you have:
We need someone who is process-oriented, results driven, and able to drive the software release process and collaborate to build the roadmap for the future. The key to success is the ability to be a flexible thinker and outstanding communicator who is comfortable working cross-functionally to develop and manage rigorous, well-communicated deliverables. In this role, you will drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and delivery of solutions and services.
- 10+ years technical project/program management experience building programs, project management, and release schedules on a global scale with 5+ years of that dedicated to running large engineering programs; basic knowledge of cloud infrastructure.
- Build strong, trusting relationships with development teams, product management, stakeholders, and cross-functional development groups
- Proven ability to lead through influence
- Ability to work effectively in both strategic and tactical spaces
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills to be able to coordinate complicated efforts and environments
- High emotional intelligence to effectively manage a diverse team working in different environments
- Exceptional team building and team management skills, including interpersonal skills, conflict resolution and negotiation
- Demonstrated competence in key program management best practices: program planning, schedule construction and management; risk assessment & mitigation, change management and predictive metrics
- Encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products, and processed
- An orientation for execution with a strong process and metrics focus
- Clearly communicate changes/requests to the team and status/compromises to stakeholders
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.