At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
The primary function of the Team Lead is the overall management of the operations for their designated team. This includes providing leadership, coaching, training and mentoring to their team, and to ensure all critical aspects of department issues are met and resolved appropriately. The Team Lead will meet with and provide coaching and feedback to their employees around areas of improvement and identify areas of success.
The Team Lead will be instrumental in assisting management by providing feedback on staff performance, client issues, and actions to be taken to improve the department and maintain success. The Team Lead must be able to identify and effectively communicate areas of training improvements and common performance deficits as well as offer praise and positive promotion of a job well done.
- Supervising the work of their assigned group on a day to day basis which may include delegation of work assignments to various team members
- Provide training and assist with coaching and development of new and existing team members
- Facilitate business or team update communications through regularly occurring meetings, 1:1s or team huddles
- Are expected to provide input and recommendation to managers in the areas of performance management, promotional opportunities, employee terminations and performance issues which are generally followed by the manager
- Developing and collaborating with management on best practices and ways to improve the team’s performance
- Developing and implementing action plans to improve team or individual performance
- Positively and effectively handle escalated issues from customers or internal teams in a collaborative “win-win” approach.
- Analyze more complex Custom Reporting and General Ledger requests, and partner with other groups to come up with out of box solutions
- Subject matter expert in key areas of their department
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Information Systems, or related field required
- Ability to demonstrate past experience taking an ownership role in group responsibilities
- Prior experience in a managerial, lead, or mentoring role
- Introductory SQL knowledge preferred
- Prior 1+ year experience in an accounting or General Ledger role preferred
- Experience with lean six sigma preferred
- Strong and effective communicator required
- Experience working with payroll and/or HR data a huge plus!
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.