Technical Program Manager, Senior 2 – Merchandising Analytics at Nordstrom
Technical Program Manager, Senior 2 – Merchandising Analytics
** This role is located in Seattle, but can work remote in one of our hubs in Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, or Atlanta. If you live outside of those areas, relocation to Seattle would be required **
Are you obsessed with revolutionizing the retail customer experience with data? Do you want to be part of a company that puts data at the center of its strategy to win? Since 1901, Nordstrom has been committed to providing customer with the best possible service and experience in fashion. We have a relentless drive to exceed customer expectations. We continue to grow and evolve to remain the best in the eyes of our customers. Our goal is to be the best fashion retailer in a digitally connected world. Nordstrom Merchandising Analytics is the team working on some of the highest impact problems at JWN. We’re building decision support and automation into processes across merchandising from how we set prices to what products we buy and sell to customers.
The team is looking for an all-star Sr. Program Manager that can lead our engagement with key business partners from Merchandise Planning, Finance, and Price Management, and can develop and prioritize a feature roadmap for our data products. You will partner with data science, business, and technology stakeholders to develop, design, and launch integrated analytics across Nordstrom's merchandise planning applications.
A day in the life…
- Expertly collaborates with business stakeholders and product management to implement data science into JWN business processes
- Identifies feature opportunities and works independently to size the potential impact of opportunities
- Manages risks, assumptions, dependencies
- Accountable for tracking overall goals and KPIs for quality of model output, adoption, and business impact
- Mentors, attracts, and develops talent on the team and across the Nordstrom analytical community
You own this if you have…
- 5+ years of related experience (e.g., product management, business process improvement, financial planning).
- Demonstrated success formulating strategy and guiding implementation with technology and data teams.
- Experience drafting complex technical requirements
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for a large, multi-discipline organization.
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships, influence and collaborate at all organizational levels.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Enthusiasm for solving complex problems with a natural tendency towards open mindedness and flexibility.
- Fun working in a fast-paced environment and managing through ambiguity.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
Minimum = $
Maximum = $