Technical Program Manager
FTD is looking to partner with an experienced Technical Program Managers to join our cutting edge E-Commerce team, to build a brand new e-commerce platform from scratch for our $1B+ Business!
We are embarking on a major transformation within the technology department. This will include a significant investment tied around a CEO / Board level approval of the sequencing of initiatives to provide the greatest value in the shortest amount of time. This person is responsible for tracking and managing at a technical and business level all new enterprise projects considering both revitalization and reinventing initiatives based on this sequencing. These include particularly the initiatives focused on consolidating our platforms into one, modern, customer and florist serving platform. Current projects include NPS (also acting as co-project manager); revamping the front end customer experience and re-architecting our back-end systems to enable commonality, modernization and innovation; and a new service offering for our customers focused on self-help and integrated digital services capabilities. The re-platforming initiative, a multi-year project, will entail tracking the budgets and managing the senior relationships of partners and employees regarding the 3-5 year roadmap for our new software.
- Maintain summaries of transformation initiatives including taking the lead on building CEO and board-level updates on as needed basis--a de facto technology chief of staff and business liaison that can and will participate in meetings with the central office of strategy to bi-directionally bring changes in prioritization or deliverables to the front and center of the organization--and to the technology work streams.
- Ensure business leaders needs and strategic expectations are adequately captured in all enterprise projects--and in synchronicity with engineering, product management, etc.
- Act as a neutral voice between the business and technology to continually ensure alignment at a high level around said efforts.
- Work with all relevant vendors and ensure robust SOW's that accurately depict expectations, and MSA's (with legal) to ensure complete FTD protection.
- Ensure executive and senior level exposure with these vendors for points of strategic alignment and for all points of escalation.
- Track monthly spend against the SOW's, at a high level, and ensure finance and IT budget leaders are tied in to ensure appropriate capital vs. operating expenses, and track these costs to the master technology budget.
- Liaison with the Product and Project Management office and senior business line management (or their designates) to ensure the results of each transformational initiative have the proper measurements in place to track success.
- Work with the Product and Project Management office to tie in status reporting of new enterprise-focused initiatives to ensure proper department head and ELT visibility into these initiatives, and in partnership with Product and Development teams escalate quickly threats to timeline and budget expectations.
- Host and organize kick-offs and weekly and/or monthly status meetings with senior staff, IT leadership and partners to ensure continued alignment on direction and expectations.
- Plan the project schedule and milestone by partnering with Product Owners and Engineering Managers.
- Handle daily calls with developers across multiple global locations to drive Sprint progress.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
- A solid CS foundation including at least a couple years of experience in a software engineering role.
- Experience launching software & systems utilizing project management methodologies, tools and techniques.
- A track record of project delivery for large, cross functional, projects.
Proven experience and ability to
- Interact with project stakeholders, multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver features.
- Plan and manage multiple parallel projects.
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
- Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, differing SDLC approaches, numerous constraints.
- Adequately factor-in contingency for unplanned delays while still being aggressive.
- Good knowledge of OOAD, scalability issues and multi-tiered solutions
- Strong familiarity with agile methodologies.
- Quantitative analytical abilities.
- Proven problem solving skills. - Strong organizational skills.
What we offer:
- Exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes: processing more than 50,000 orders a day, close to 5 million payment transactions a week; handling more than 1.5 million customer notifications in a day etc.
- We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, etc.
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- A relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals always welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings.
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership.
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic ecommerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.