Technical Project Manager - IT PMO at Tempus
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a Technical Project Manager with the IT PMO, reporting to the Head of IT.
As an ideal candidate, you will operate at all levels to effectively manage projects. To be successful in this role, you need to effectively communicate across diverse functional areas within Business and Technologies. You are passionate about business outcomes, and drive results by effective stakeholder engagement, by providing a structure for teams, and by creatively removing impediments. You can successfully navigate a matrix organization and bring teams together for effective collaboration. You help identify risks, develop mitigation plans and creatively problem-solve to deliver on results.
What You’ll Do
- Planning and managing projects of various sizes and complexity
- Accountable for end-to-end delivery of a project including managing schedules & dependencies, resources, scope, quality, and risk.
- Ensuring the work of the project is aligned with the business objectives
- Provide a blend of technical and business acumen to drive the design, development and implementation of projects
- Report project statuses, quality metrics, and general feedback to team leadership
- Continually develop and evolve project management processes and tools to ensure optimal efficiency
- 3-5 years project management experience working with large, highly integrated projects
- Familiarity and experience with Project Management Methodologies and demonstrable experience in project delivery and management of complex projects
- Ability to create integrated, milestone-driven critical path project plancs. Ability to multi-task and balance multiple competing priorities while meeting deadlines
- Ability to influence (direct/indirect reports, project stakeholders, and leader) and manage a matrix organization
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail, and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy and an eye towards process improvement
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly iterative environment
- Experience with developing and defining best practices, processes, project management tools and PMO templates.
- Experience with IT PMO governance policies and procedures
We’re on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We’re looking for people who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.