Technical Project Manager (Machine Learning) at XSELL Technologies
Ready to write the best chapter of your career? XSELL Technologies leverages artificial intelligence as a foundational capability to listen, learn and support agents in real time with the exact information they need to exceed customers’ expectations and deliver top performer experiences.
Join us on our mission to empower agents, clients, and organizations to increase human performance and job satisfaction through making conversations more personal. We do this by pairing together the best elements of human touch and machine intelligence to drive results.
XSELL is currently seeking a Technical Project Manager to be responsible for facilitating the planning and execution of the continuous improvements to our human + machine insights. This cross-functional role enables diverse teams to discover the key business and technical problems to overcome, define features and requirements, and coordinate data-driven planning efforts with stakeholders from Data Science, Engineering, Client, and other teams. This position ensures that the plans are being built consistently and any ad-hoc work required for success is clearly delineated, managed, and communicated. This is the go-to position for ensuring the smooth operation of all technology and processes that drive continuously improving machine learning. This position will report to our CTO.
What You Will Bring
The problems you will tackle will benefit from the following skills:
- Experience in managing technical processes, with at least 5+ years’ experience in technical project or program management or equivalent role.
- Experience in startup or small but fast-growing less structured environments
- Knowledge of data science workflows: e.g. how data preparation, annotation, training, cross-validation, testing, deployment, and monitoring/maintenance fit together.
- Knowledge of how to use and work with others to set-up dashboards to drive outcomes and to follow through and check where the team say-do factor to drive continuous improvement.
- Strong problem-solving skills across a wide breadth of technologies and solution spaces
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: adept at facilitating cross-functional collaboration and alignment between technical and non-technical teams.
- Expert experience in organizing the cross-functional identification, monitoring, and resolution of problems in processes and technology.
- Expert consensus-building skills and a toolbox of frameworks to enable consensus.
- Comfortable operating independently in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Strong work ethic and a passion and desire for excellence and results.
- Excellent attitude and ability to work well both solo and within a team.
- Advanced strategic skills to drive effective target, objective, and goal setting.
Ways You Will Contribute
- Gain consensus and coordinate the planning leveraging voices from across the company to build a defined and prioritized set of items to go after collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders to the machine learning systems.
- Owning the management and resolution of incidents and problems for ML system performance (e.g. accuracy) and related business metrics (e.g. sales conversion rate)
- Simplifying what we do through by organizing the diverse stakeholders to share their best thinking so that we can accelerate team-driven continuous improvement.
- Being the detective to discover the “missing piece” in a process, managing through it, and then driving its cross-team improvement.
What To Expect In Your First 30 Days
- You will build strong relationships and integrate with our stakeholder teams to ensure every team has the data and machine learning models they need to be successful.
- Identify areas in our ML model building and deployment to drive real improvements to user experience and customer business outcomes.
- Freedom to be an influential contributor to laying the groundwork on which the company’s growth will be built.
XSELL is committed to a culture of teamwork; where everyone works together to plan, do, learn, and continuously improve. We accomplish that by staying true to our core value.
- Best Chapter: Every XSELLer is plugged in and focused on writing their “best chapter yet”, both personally and professionally. We believe in working hard to achieve success, but that success only comes if we are doing it together. We do this with a high level of humility, integrity and compassion towards our coworkers. We celebrate and recognize each other and have a lot of fun along the way.
- Know Us By Our Results: We do what we say and say what we do. Our coworkers and clients will “know us by our results” – we welcome that and embrace transparency and measurement.
- Do It The XSELL Way: Together we are building an inclusive culture full of top performing, talented people that are striving towards common goals with resilience. People will admire not only the work we do but also that we “do it the XSELL way” – as one team. We do this through strong communication, collaboration and accountability to each other.
- Open for Business: We are always “open for business” – fiercely committed to improving ourselves, our team and our company. We stay curious and approach every situation as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Conversations Happen In the Room: Feedback is imperative to our collective success. We approach the “conversation in the room” with respect, empathy and candor. Our dialogue with each other is always open and honest.
XSELL Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.