Technical Project Manager, Product Development at GoHealth (Chicago, IL)
GoHealth is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our Product Management & Data Science team. You will demonstrate mastery of agile principles and carry a passion for producing results. You will work with our teams daily to remove impediments, ensure understanding of priorities, and to maintain transparency with the broader organization. You will report to our Technical Program Manager.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Organize and support technology program execution on daily basis, and working across multiple departments.
- Report deviations on project progress and timeline to partners (business, product, technology, and others).
- Find and address risks to project progress.
- Keep project execution statuses updated in standard work tracking tools (e.g. Jira) and processes, including everything from information about timelines to milestones of specifically defined deliverable.
- Ensure the teams allocated to each project understand and are in consideration of the business’s priorities.
- Prepare inputs for review of planned vs actual resource allocation per project.
- Encourage daily technology stand-ups, retrospectives, and regular demo sessions.
- Propose facilitation process enhancements to improve project execution.
- Identify requirements between projects that might affect the delivery date, and coordinate requirements between teams.
- Track project workstreams and the flow of information, not only inside the technology department, but throughout the whole organization
- Understand the workflows and technology department processes to support onboarding for new hires
Skills & Experience:
- 1+ years of technical leadership experience in an Agile software development environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in information science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or another quantitative field.
- Experience with the reasons for and the value of Agile ceremonies
- Situational Awareness – must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and communicate to management
- Leadership – must be the voice of reason that guides the team to be focused to achieve results
- Experience working with remote teams and different time zones is nice to have
Benefits & Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.