Technical Project Manager at Paro
Paro is hiring a Technical Project Manager. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We are committed to building a supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. Paro embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion every day.
We help growing companies gain confidence in their finances. Paro matches businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it. We only accept 2% of applicants into our highly curated network of experts, so clients know they’re working with the best of the best.
Ultimately, our mission is to empower business professionals to pursue meaningful work on their own terms. We provide freelancers with a platform to grow and manage their book of business, along with tools to predict their future earnings.
Working at Paro
Join us as we build the future of work and make finding perfect-fit talent as simple as buying a product online. A mass migration to the freelance economy is already underway, and many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2025. We are backed by Revolution Ventures, Sierra Ventures, FJ Labs, and other leading investors and angels, and we are on the path to disrupting the $500+bn antiquated finance/accounting industry.
We value taking smart risks and having each others’ backs. We welcome challenges, and we are rigorous in ensuring all voices are heard. We are open to understanding each other’s experiences and communicating effectively together. We work hard, but we also want every employee to enjoy the journey. We work collaboratively, do the right thing, never settle and put our best work into everything we do. We believe our teams deserve to be surrounded with others who can be their authentic selves at work while driving forward the future of work with Paro.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This role will manage a portfolio of product development initiatives. Responsibilities will include
- Portfolio planning
- Project planning, including resource planning and budgeting
- Sprint planning
- Project execution in an agile environment, with continuous integration and continuous delivery as the key tenets
- Interaction with team members located in different time zones
- Drive execution and accountability to deliver on time, on a budget, to the scope, and with quality. Ensure people, processes, and technologies are aligned to deliver business value.
- Support the team’s efforts to identify, communicate, and resolve interdependencies, risks, and issues. Help teams manage and resolve conflicts.
- Prepare and present regular status updates for the initiative, including roadmaps, project timelines, and action plans.
- Coordinate and track individual technical projects, programs and initiatives that support company strategic plans and roadmap to drive business results.
- Provide clear communication to team members and stakeholders.
- 5-10 Years of experience
- Proven track record of managing projects on time, and within budget
- Deep understanding of agile, continuous integration, continuous delivery best practices
- Experience managing teams in different time zones
- Portfolio planning experience
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Experience managing Artificial Intelligence product development and implementations will be an asset.
- Ability to be an influential member of a highly-integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Proven technical acumen to understand architecture terms and translate into project plans
Benefits at Paro
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Parental Leave
- Comprehensive benefits package offering including: Medical (BCBS), dental, vision insurance, 401(k), etc.
- Flexibility to work from the office or remotely (as needed)
- Unlimited PTO – we trust you
- Company Holidays-in recognition of 10+ federal holidays each year
- Unique Paro Holidays to rest & recharge for one day each month when there isn’t a company holiday (minimum time off)
- Great River North office location, steps away from public transportation
- Pet friendly office
- Casual office environment