Technical Project Manager
GoHealth has an ambitious mission: to improve the health care system in America. Achieving this mission relies on hiring and developing great people, which is why our team is our top priority. We encourage employees to do their best work through innovation and risk taking. Our environment is fun yet constructive, thanks to leaders whose doors are always open, and most importantly, we’ll never stop investing in you and your career.
GoHealth is seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our Performance Data Team. This individual will play a critical role in helping our data team drive projects to completion. The project manager will be responsible for ensure the team follows agile concepts, team members are advancing according to plan, and JIRA best practices are being followed. We seek candidates with a demonstrated background of project management, ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment, and an intellectual curiosity to learn about our business.
GoHealth employs an agile methodology and fully embraces the fundamentals of continuous delivery, self-organizing teams, just-in-time requirements, only as much documentation as truly needed, and processes that make sense for the organization (not just for the sake of process).
- Utilize daily team meetings and other techniques to identify impediments and find ways to remove them
- Schedule and facilitate planning sessions, demonstrations and retrospectives
- Support the Data team by helping to serve as a liaison between business stakeholders and technical resources
- Serve as a cross-functional team project manager to facilitate execution of key initiatives. A project manager must be able to influence and motivate employees from multiple teams to drive execution against our plans.
- Organize our epics and user stories in JIRA as well as helping the team remove impediments that may otherwise slow down our velocity
- Coach the team to follow the processes and identify ways to improve the processes
- 2+ years of experience leading technical or analytical teams in an agile environment, specifically scrum, is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Math, Statistics, Social Sciences or another field with a quantitative component
- Experience with Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence) preferred
- Ability to drive multiple complex projects to the finish line simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into requirements for operations and report delivery.
- Assertiveness – must be able to ensure agile concepts and principles are adhered to by providing a voice of reason and authority.
- Understanding basic fundamentals of iterative development, with a focus on minimum viable product.
- Ability to acquire respect from team while demonstrating a willingness to “get hands dirty” when needed to get the job done
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer