TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
Technical Project Manager - (0099306)
About this Role:
As a Project Manager, you will be joining an elite team in Chicago that focuses on delivering the most important organizational initiatives of ensuring accurate receipt and ingest of client data. You will be aligned to our Data Warehouse engineering team as a scrum master along with managing and driving several cross-functional internal projects. A Project Manager must be able to work independently, troubleshoot issues as they arise, adapt to the agile environment and clearly communicate all stages of the initiative to key stakeholders. A key responsibility is working within an established process framework to ensure milestones are met.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Excellent and versatile communication skills: can you understand a technical walkthrough and explain it in plain language to others?
- Work with members of the Conversant Product and Engineering teams to manage the most important organizational Initiatives.
- Drive Stakeholders from all areas of the company to ensure clearly documented/defined scope and wins.
- Understand the priorities of various internal projects and help steer organizational tradeoffs so we get the right things done.
- Facilitates Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums and Backlog Grooming
- Work with a wide range of cross functional teams within the entire company: Engineering, Product, Media, Decision Sciences – you will be the central hub for ongoing work from a variety of teams.
- Work as an in-demand helper to other teams to ensure delivery of cross team efforts.
- Manage a variety of projects concurrently with varying degrees of scope and urgency.
- Understand the nuances of your projects and communicate to audiences from Senior Management to hands-on engineers so everyone has the information they need and can be effective.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycles (Agile, Waterfall, hybrid).
What you are:
- Motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills. Able to elicit cooperation from a variety of resources.
- Able to coach development team(s) on scoping work for delivery cycles appropriately and control scope creep.
- Able to work with a diverse team and adapt communication styles and message content to appropriate audiences.
- Effective communication skills to mediate disputes and uncover hidden objections or concerns.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to anticipate problems and resolve them before they happen.
- Experience with software integration projects that are across multiple teams.
- Experience with managing remote teams.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible process structure and comfortable with a startup and/or high growth environment where individuals sometimes serve in multiple roles.
- Experienced with JIRA in a software development setting.
- Robust understanding of internet applications, intranets, extranets, applicable project management, bug and resource tracking software and team collaboration platforms.
- Background in internet advertising and a familiarity with web analytics.
- Experience in the Digital Ad space a large plus.
- Solid technical background with application programming, database and system design a plus.