Technology Program Manager - Infrastructure Engineering at JPMorgan Chase
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 7 – 10 + years of demonstrated experience with managing technical programs and projects (PMP preferred)
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships, work globally and across topics; engage with varying levels of management including senior leaders
- Self-starter with a proven track record in and experience in dealing with both senior executives and their teams
- Ability to manage to tight deadlines with a mindset for flexibility
- High degree of initiative, self-direction
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, prioritize business goals and drive results with a high sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Ability to capture complex ideas and present in clear, concise, engaging, professional manner; talent and passion for visualizing and storytelling
- Comfortable working in an extremely fast paced environment, meet deadlines and prioritize accordingly
- Organizes strategic and mission critical IT Projects and Programs involving multiple partners, spanning multiple disciplines A pragmatic problem solver, critical, “out-of-the box” analytical thinker that is capable of challenging the operating norm and making recommendations
- Ability to generate support from a wide-range of stakeholders and create a strong network of relationships among peers, internal partners and external constituencies
- Outstanding judgment, problem solving ability and resourcefulness
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including executive management presentations
- Technical experience/background in application development, infrastructure, or production management
- Ability to learn new technologies or technology concepts quickly
- A client-focused and team-oriented mindset
- Experience working in the financial services or datacenter migration initiatives
- Experience managing latency testing
- Experience managing mainframe application migrations
Who we are:
The CIB Infrastructure Service Project Execution team is a global team that executes infrastructure transformation projects. The team is critical to partner with global technology and application development teams to deliver first class infrastructure project management capability. Delivers value through consistent use of project management methodology and tooling. This consistent approach across the technology estate enables repeatable quality of service to be delivered to our stakeholders, centered around driving towards predictable project delivery, which in turn enables accurate program management updates, including relevant precise communication of project/program, risk, issues and status.
What will you do?
We are seeking an outstanding Program Manager with experience who will:
- This is a critical role to assist with CIB NAMR Data Centre program with particular focus on Mainframe applications readiness, planning and migration execution (150+ applications).
- Work closely with the CIB North America Data Center Migration Program Manager in enhancing governance, oversight and repeatable project execution processes
- Work closely with the Program Leads to partner with business aligned Production Management, Application Development, and Global Technology teams to ensure applications are migrated on time and without negatively impacting production.
- Works closely with Project Managers located in North America, EMEA and APAC following a standard application migration methodology (Analysis, Design, Provisioning, Configuration, Testing, Execution and Decommission)
- Manage risks and issues at the Program level
- Monitors Programs progress closely and leads to eliminate bottlenecks
- Ensures Program is executing in accordance with all Risk, Architecture and other relevant firm-wide guidelines
- Coordinates resources across multiple work streams and projects
- Develops plans and manages interdependencies between application development and global technology teams
- Publishes work stream status and executive reporting
- Acts as an owner by influencing the success of execution
- Thinks creatively through continuous improvement which will result in delivering on time and with quality
- Invests in relationships and improves collaboration with a “one team” mentality
- Works to increase speed to delivery without compromising quality
- Makes continuous learning and skill building a priority
- Stakeholder management
- Program dependency management: management of key dependencies identified across work streams to deliver North America Data Center application migrations
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.