Vendor Category Manager
Guaranteed Rate is the 7th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
The Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) Analyst is responsible for providing support function activities to business lines who contract with Third Parties. This position will develop strong relationships with the business owners and teams to ensure adherence to the vendor management program. Regular interactions, including presentations, will be an integral part of this position. This position also regularly interacts with many internal teams, including Audit, Legal, Compliance and Finance.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business owners and business partners.
- Understanding of applicable Federal guidelines and regulations related to managing third party risk.
- Ensure business line adherence to Vendor Management policy and procedures.
- Develop a deep understanding of the services provided by the third parties.
- Communicate consistently and effectively vendor management processes and process changes with all key stakeholders and various levels of management.
- Support vendor management leadership and internal partners through various risk routines including internal and external audits.
- Execute the due diligence process including risk assessments and risk classifications.
- Facilitate third party performance evaluations, issues management & remediation and third party contingency planning.
- Provide detailed insight into third party performance including analysis of key metrics and reporting of risk data.
- Prepare reports and report out to business lines regularly on supplier performance, risks and issues, including but not limited to third party performance scorecards, monthly business reviews and annual assessments.
- Support ongoing development, updating and refinement of the vendor management policy, procedures and related process.
- Ensure timely completion of special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Partner with Legal, Compliance, Information Security and various other internal groups to ensure a consistent and smooth operation of the Vendor Management policy, procedures and process.
- BA/BS required in business, accounting, finance or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years relevant experience in the financial services industry or related field; related work experience could include Risk Management, Supplier Management, Sourcing, Procurement, Audit, Legal or Compliance.
- Understanding of federal banking guidelines/requirements.
- Ability to interact with a variety of internal and external people in a professional manner that creates confidence in his/her knowledge and abilities and helps foster mutually satisfactory resolution to risk gaps and issues.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to establish priorities, multi-task, handle competing priorities and follow through on all open items/tasks.
- Decision making and ability to clearly articulate decisions in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects and process improvement activities.
- Working knowledge of risk components in a regulated environment (e.g., FDIC, FFIEC, FRB, OCC guidelines).
- Results oriented yet team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to summarize complex issues.
- Self-starter with ability to manage rapidly changing priorities and opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Customer oriented mindset with a drive to deliver high quality results.
- Solid technical skills in the use of Microsoft desktop tools (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.