VP, Technical Program Management
Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for a VP, Technical Program Management. Applied Systems is the leading global provider of cloud-based software for the business of insurance. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied's team enables agencies and insurers to provide high-value customer experiences. We're connecting the digital ecosystem of insurance with open architecture, data insights, and intuitive user experiences across the entire lifecycle.
Reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer, the new VP, Technical Program Management (TPM) will define our approach for program management and ensure alignment of projects across Technology. This is an opportunity to design, implement, and execute program management practices at scale to accelerate product transformation and implementation of new solutions.
We're looking for a solutions-oriented VP, Technical Program Management who will engage, inform, and influence Senior Leaders to drive prioritization and continuous improvement.
What You'll Do
- Own program management within the Technology organization and develop plans for optimizing our approach to program management within Technology
- Own the responsibility for reporting across the Technology organization
- Work closely with CTO to produce Executive and Board reporting on all key initiatives
- Collaborate with technology leaders and metric owners to identify and implement improvements informed by our reporting
- Oversee the project portfolio across all areas of Technology (e.g., Software Engineering, Cloud Engineering, Information Security, Corporate IT)
- Continuously improve quarterly planning, ongoing project planning, and prioritization with leaders from Technology and Product Management
- Oversee program planning to ensure alignment of timelines across all areas of Technology
- Provide real-time visibility into progress across all Technology projects and ensure timely updates for stakeholders across Applied, including Product Management, Support, Sales
- Senior Leaders refining the Job Family for Quality to represent pathways for progression within Software Development and Architecture
- Drive discussions about dependencies and tradeoffs to ensure alignment of timelines across Software Engineering, Cloud Engineering, Information Security, and Corporate IT
What You'll Need to Succeed
We're looking for someone who:
- Can work remotely or in any of our Applied Systems offices.
Your experience should include some or all of the following:
- 5+ years of program management partnering with Technology and Product leadership,
- Experience in oversight and management of complex, cross-functional initiatives
- Strong executive presentation skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for risk identification and mitigation
- Ability to build strong partnerships and collaborative relationships across the organization
- Expertise on SDLC practices and Agile development methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with project management and productivity tools (e.g., Atlassian JIRA)
- Ability to facilitate and influence discussions about enterprise-level technology projects
- Track record of creative problem-solving with senior leadership within Technology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- We proudly support and encourage people with military experience, as well as military spouses, to apply
Additionally, you may have:
- Windows Server, SAN/NAS Storage, Cisco Route Switch Networking, F5 Load Balancers, VMware, SQL Server, GCP and/or AWS, scripting
- TypeScript/CDK scripting, automation
- Certifications and/or Licenses (Desired): GCP Professional Certifications, Microsoft certifications
What You'll Gain
Benefits from Day One
- Health insurance plans, dental, and vision
- Wellness incentives
- 401(k) and/or RRSP retirement savings plans with employer match
- Competitive paid vacation time and a free day for your birthday
- Personal/sick time
- Paid holidays
- Flex Time
- Paid parental leave (U.S. candidates)
- Volunteer time off
Empowering Career Growth and Success - We invest in talent, care about our people and are empowered by the results of our work. We grow our teams from within and give our employees opportunities to advance.
What We Value
We strive for excellence at every turn to be the best at what we do. We invest in talent, care about our people and are empowered by the results of our work. We fulfil the promise of insurance - safeguarding and protecting what matters most in people's lives. And there is no more important job than that.
Our focus on the workforce, workplace and marketplace gives us a qualified individual in an environment in which they can be productive while we maintain our position in the industry. To help drive that change toward a vibrant, modern workplace, we have employee-driven networks with commonalities in ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and military status.
Who We Are
For more than 35 years, Applied Systems has created innovative technology for the global insurance industry. Today, we are a rapidly growing software leader that is revolutionizing the way agencies and brokerages succeed.
We are smart and curious people in a tech-first environment that champions bold and powerful thinking. We are transforming a complex industry through digitization, automation, and innovative new partnerships. Together we are driving the industry fearlessly forward.
It's an exciting time at Applied. You can do big things here, in an environment that supports creative thinking and bold ideas. Visit http://www.AppliedSystems.com for more information on how you can challenge what's possible.
Applied Systems is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Diversity and Inclusion is a business imperative and is a part of building our brand and reputation. At Applied, we don't discriminate, and we are committed to recruit, develop, retain, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.