Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on The Muse | LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
We’re looking for a recruiting utility player in Chicago to recruit for our operations teams. The ideal candidate is someone who understands the competitive nature of this market and is unafraid to apply creative approaches to recruiting for both business functions. With a non-stop curiosity, business-acumen, and a drive to win, this recruiting specialist will work with the non-engineering side of the organization, sourcing and helping as needed. Braintree is a talent-driven company seeking to revolutionize the world’s interaction with payments. We want a team player ready to jump in and tell that story to our candidates.
- Work with an “all hands on deck” mentality, bringing a consistent pipeline to hiring managers across the business, with specific focus on growing our support team.
- Consistently work with hiring managers to ensure team and interviewer preparedness during the onsite interview process and that interviews are conducted efficiently and professionally.
- Manage candidate process and be a candidate ambassador. Determine skill level, manage offer process, including offer negotiation, offer letter generation and offer acceptance/declines.
- Creatively source candidates through networking, referrals, events, and other out-of-the-box sourcing ideas.
- Continuously and consistently communicate with hiring managers, providing data-driven strategic insight that will help evolve the hiring process.
- Follow-up and provide strategic insight to hiring managers in an effort to confirm staffing plans and ensure that candidates needs are met.
- Collaborate with other recruiters and coordinators to bring the best candidate experience for the folks we meet and an insanely high bar for talent coming in the door.
- Provide data to your day-to-day, helping create a communication that is both art and science for the sake of internal and external stakeholders, learning tools and systems that get us the data we need.
- Assist with the implementation of our summer internship program, helping coordinate onsite events as needed.
- Act as community ambassador.
- 4+ years experience in a fast-paced, startup environment implementing a wide range of recruiting tactics and programs; ability to grasp new technologies.
- Ability to build strong relationships, manage expectations and execution for both candidates and hiring managers.
- Ability to work in the business world, understanding that both Venmo and Braintree run on support AND technology.
- Flexibility to go where the needs are in the business, whether they’re supporting the Venmo or Braintree or PayPal business.
- Previous experience at a high-growth, fast-paced company STRONGLY preferred.
- Ability to roll with the changes that inevitably play out in a fast-growing company.
- Problem-solving mindset with the ability to work with a sense of urgency at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
- Experience with an applicant tracking system.
- Previous experience working through a full recruiting cycle.
- Multi-tasking wizard.
- Must play well with others.
- BA/BS degree
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.